Saxophone/Clarinet players read this

Hi All

I play in a small saxophone & clarinet group which is need of new players. We vary in experience from about Grade 2 beginners to Grade 7(ish), with ages ranging from about 13 upwards. The general requirement is if you can read a little music and play the lower register then you're in, a part will be found for you.

We play a good mixture of music like classical, Disney songs, movie themes, jazz and pop. It's mainly just for fun but it's a great learning experience about how to play in a group. We practice once a week on a Thursday night and have a couple of small concerts a year. Last year we even played at the Botanical Gardens, Winter Gardens and did a little busking in town.

If you're interested send me a message and I'll fill you in with all the finer points.

where do you meet and practice and is it weekly?

i play eb and bb clarinet plus saxophone

do you still play and where do you meet

as i would to come along to play

Hi - Do you still meet up? And are there any spaces for new players?

I have found out where this group meets but as yet I haven't spoke to one of the ladies who runs the group. Are you interested in joining too if there are places available?

The group are always looking for players of any standard playing either sax or clarinet. I have sent PM's to people interested as I don't want to give out mobile numbers on the forum. Hope to see you all there!

I'd better hurry up and buy myself a clarinet then!!! It's a long time since I played but loved it in the school band. I sold my clarinet when I got fed up of playing on my own. No doubt I will be able to pick it up fairly quickly. I still play piano. I am looking at a couple of clarinets on ebay at the moment. Can anyone recommend one? Yamaha 250(no not motorbike) looks good at the moment.

I will go to the group once I have an instrument to play and thanks for your information.

Hi,

Please could you send me details? i've been looking for something like this for a while :)

I play the clarinet (well, its been 6 years since it's been properly played), and also have a tennor sax, although more practice required on that one!

Many thanks.

Hi I am new here and can anyone tell me where i could get a good teacher to teach me how to play the Sax

hi ponynova I teach clarinet and the sax, its best if you pm me and I can answer questions there. If any of you guys need catch up tuition, if you haven't played for a few years then I can ease you into it and help you along with a few lessons. Just give me a pm and ill get back to you. I teach up to diploma standard and have a lot of experience in playing and teaching.

x

Hi All

I play in a small saxophone & clarinet group which is need of new players. We vary in experience from about Grade 2 beginners to Grade 7(ish), with ages ranging from about 13 upwards. The general requirement is if you can read a little music and play the lower register then you're in, a part will be found for you.

We play a good mixture of music like classical, Disney songs, movie themes, jazz and pop. It's mainly just for fun but it's a great learning experience about how to play in a group. We practice once a week on a Thursday night and have a couple of small concerts a year. Last year we even played at the Botanical Gardens, Winter Gardens and did a little busking in town.

If you're interested send me a message and I'll fill you in with all the finer points.

Hello I'm getting on a bit in years but play the Tenor or Alto Sax and some clarinet although it been a while. At the moment I play Saturday mornings with the Jazz workshop, and need a little more practice with a group. I would be grateful if you would fill me in with a more detail.

Hi all, sorry to crash the thread, but if any of you are looking for some inspiration to motivate you in your playing, you might be interested in hearing the Yorkshire Wind Orchestra perform. We are a regional ensemble made up of players from throughout the Yorkshire region, recognised as one of the best wind ensembles in the country, and we will be performing at St Marks in Broomhill on Saturday 15th October. So why not come and have a listen?

More details on the group and the concert here:

http://www.yorkshirewinds.co.uk/events.php

Edited by candybox
typo