Do you like Earl Grey? If not, why?

Does anyone actually like Earl Grey?

A lunchtime poll in my office came up with I am only one of two people in a huge building who does. Soooooo I need your help, as I am getting endless jibs from colleagues like 'how does your tea taste?...like perfume; what a girls drink!' (yawn)

Therefore out to defend my taste....I ask:

What does the forum think?

Lovely bloke - I went to school with him. That said, he did get bullied a lot; smelling of bergamot during football practice is never a good idea.

I like a nice cup of earl grey (or as well call it in the office 'smelly tea') it's just a nice change from the unbranded rubbish we get... it's something like 10,000 teabags in a white bin liner! I also drink it in meetings cause it makes me seem posher than sitting in my metallica t-shirt alone

I love earl grey tea:love:. I dont drink it at work because I am in a tea club and there were comments about having to "pay extra for her fancy tea". But I drink it at home. My other half (typical sheffield bloke and proud of it) even likes it.

Hope that helps with your case:thumbsup:

I think it's revolting. I like tea you can stand the spoon up in, preferably Yorkshire Tea or bog standard PG Tips.

I love earl grey tea:love:. I dont drink it at work because I am in a tea club and there were comments about having to "pay extra for her fancy tea". But I drink it at home. My other half (typical sheffield bloke and proud of it) even likes it.

Hope that helps with your case:thumbsup:

lol it is starting to build my case up, love the bit about your Sheffield fella liking it too! :hihi:

earl gray is nice so is lady grey....

This week I are been mostly drinking Nettle Tea.

Tastless, but good for you. wahey

earl gray is nice so is lady grey....

African grey is even better if you like the taste of parrots.

African grey is even better if you like the taste of parrots.

... and as the tumbleweed drifts slowly across that post I would like to add a vote in favour of Earl Grey. It's lovely. Darjeeling is a tasty brew as well.

i love early grey! my mum has it in and I always have a cup when I go up to her's. Its a bit more zingy than normal tea and is refreshing. Most of the time I like builders tea though :)