Hog roast - lost the contacts & need a venue

Hi All,

I had a fantastic roast pork sandwich off a proper hog roast at Norfolk Park Fair. We want to book them for our wedding but have lost their business card. Does anyone know who they were or of another really good hog roaster?

Also, we think the reception venue might not like this new development, does anyone know a place that would lt us have a hog roast? bring our own wine? and let us have a small stage?

Thanks

The venue have confirmed we can't do it there. Their caterers can't do it but they won't let another company come in either :( Should really have guessed given there was still 'discussion' over whether we could supply our own wine for the meal.

Hi All,

I had a fantastic roast pork sandwich off a proper hog roast at Norfolk Park Fair. We want to book them for our wedding but have lost their business card. Does anyone know who they were or of another really good hog roaster?

Also, we think the reception venue might not like this new development, does anyone know a place that would lt us have a hog roast? bring our own wine? and let us have a small stage?

Thanks

The venue have confirmed we can't do it there. Their caterers can't do it but they won't let another company come in either :( Should really have guessed given there was still 'discussion' over whether we could supply our own wine for the meal.

argh, this is one of the things i'm worried about, my partner is taking one look at the menus of most venues and going 'ugh' (they're too posh for him lol), I've found a caterers of interest (the yorkshire pudding one lol) but no venues will let your own caterers in!

argh, this is one of the things i'm worried about, my partner is taking one look at the menus of most venues and going 'ugh' (they're too posh for him lol), I've found a caterers of interest (the yorkshire pudding one lol) but no venues will let your own caterers in!

Its not so much they're too posh just stupidly expensive - a meal that they would otherwise charge £10 for suddenly becomes £35 - and they lack imagination or flexibility.

I've asked a few places today and wait to hear so fingers crossed.

Its not so much they're too posh just stupidly expensive - a meal that they would otherwise charge £10 for suddenly becomes £35 - and they lack imagination or flexibility.

I've asked a few places today and wait to hear so fingers crossed.

yes thats it exactly, tbh theres not a great deal on the menus that even i would eat, daft stuff like 'stuffed salmon and artichokes' or whatever...:rolleyes:

A friend of mine had a plain and simple carvery, we all got to choose the meat we wanted ect, was lovely but my partner wont even eat that :rant: i'm sending him to mcdonalds! :hihi:

LOL, could you get a buffet? Sandwiches, sausage rolls, quiche etc ;)

We are getting married at bolsover Castle next August and we're having a BBQ, but the caterers we are using (Chequers Out) also do hog roasts. The castle don't have any of their own facilities so we have had to get an outside caterer to do the food.

Search for Chequers Out on google, it is the top link.

:cool:

We are getting married at bolsover Castle next August and we're having a BBQ, but the caterers we are using (Chequers Out) also do hog roasts. The castle don't have any of their own facilities so we have had to get an outside caterer to do the food.

Search for Chequers Out on google, it is the top link.

:cool:

can i be really cheeky and ask you to pm me the rough costs of bolsover castle? i never even thought of there but it sounds fab!

It depends which room you get married in and whether you hold both the wedding and reception there as well. We are hiring the biggest room (the Riding House) as we have a lot of family travelling down from Glasgow so can't really just invite them for the evening do. We are having it for both the ceremony and reception and it is costing us about £4000. The cheapest option at the castle for a ceremony and drinks reception for up to 50 people is £1050 + VAT. If you type "bolsover castle english heritage hire" into google the link to the castle's homepage, with pictures and all the details, should be top. (I'm not able to type in links just yet as have not posted 5 times, sorry).

The venue is amazing, it was the only place we could find which rivalled a church wedding (we are both non-religious so a church wedding would have felt wrong). When I first walked into the place it brought a tear to my eye, so we booked it there and then!

If you need anything else just ask, always pleased to help.

K :)

hi, don't know how far out of sheffield you want to go but were getting married in edale in july and have hired grindslow house, you get the whole house for a week and we plan to put a marquee in the garden, basically you can do it as cheaply as you like we have caterers doing a bbq for us this way you get much more control and something a bit different.

We're doing something similar - have hired the rotary centre in castleton for the weekend and hazels catering are doing a hog roast for us. We're supplying our own alcohol too so keeping the costs down.

I will look for hog roast for you I do know someone. One venue I know, is hillsborough sports arena, it is only a small place, they will let you take your own food and wine (you would have to arrange an agreement on the wine) but they do allow it. Cannot remember the number but just type in the name into google.

Hi, sorry I've been away for a while. I have passed all these details onto my other half who has taken on the challenge of the reception. Thank you all, I'm glad there are options out there.