I have a dilemma! I am starting a new job soon and on the training day it says i am required to bring a P45 from my previous job. Well i thought the previous company that i was working for was closing down. Now it seems as if it's staying open a little longer, so i want to stay and take on both jobs.

Both jobs are in retail one in Meadowhall and one in Town so they are not in direct competition with each other. I want to take the new job on aswell as i think it is a great chance for me working for a more respectable company.

How do i start my new job without them knowing that i've got another because i think they will be really funny with me having two jobs!

What would you say to the new company? Tell the truth and see or lie and risk losing the job?

Thanks and i look forward for your advice.

I think you need to identify one as your main source of income and one as a second job. I think you'll find it has something to do with the tax office, so don't mess with the system - it could all blow up in your face!

ok thanks for the advice, Both jobs are part time but my current job is probably my main source of income. I am just scared because i think i will loose my new one if they find out i am still employed by another company.

Just a point from experience, if you are set on doing both jobs - be honest with your employers. As long as one does not have negative effects on another (i.e you are not late for one job after finishing a shift at another or you are not too tired in one job because you worked late the evening before), I can't see any employer having a problem with that. If they do, then it shows they are not really open to flexibility and in this age, we need to be flexible with members of staff for a whole variety of reasons including studying, childcare, caring etc.

Any manager worth their salt would appreciate honesty. You can approach it two ways - i.e if you are learning skills in both companies, surely they would be transferable and would benefit the other Company?

Secondly, you are being open and honest so both managers know exactly where they stand with you and you don't have to try and pull the wool over their eyes (so for example, if they phone you to work a last minute shift, you don't look unreliable or have to lie because you are working for the other Company.)

Let me know how you get on. I know not all managers are this forward thinking and some like you suggest may not like you working two jobs, but the one thing you will know is that all the time, you are being honest and professional and you can't be any more than that! Good Luck.