Sign in to follow this  

How long to before the wedding do I get my dress?

im getting married in may & was wondering how long to leave it before i go dress shopping. i have no idea what still i want or even how to go about looking for one.

I know the feeling. I'm getting married in May too, but plan to lose weight before the event. Plus I'm also having a beach wedding, so don't know whether to hire a dress out there or get one here.

I think I'll start looking properly in March.

Don't want to panic you but I'm getting married in May and have mine, although I was very early but saw the dress of my dreams and thought why not.

Most wedding shops I had a look in were saying there was about a 16 week wait for orders so wouldn't leave it too late. Just sorted bridesmaid dress out as well and that won't be ready until the new year.

Your supposed to give it about 1 year before to be on the safe side. If your buying it from a proper bridal shop that is. It can take 6 months for it to be made then when it comes back alterations have to be done which can take another 6 months altogether aswell. xx

I used to work at Pronuptia on Eccelsall road, they usually say to order your dress no later than 6 months before hand. I am getting married in June 08 and i am going looking for my dress when i come back off holls at the beginning of November.

About 6 months ahead unless you are loosing weight etc.

Take advice on what suits you and stick to your budget.

You will be glad you did afterwards.

We sell dresses from 230 pounds and are offering a buy back of 50 pounds at the moment. I work from home and have no fancy shop but do have realistic prices.

We're getting married in July and I've got mine! I didn't intend on getting it until at the earliest January but I fell in love with the dress instantly and as it was from ebay, I just couldn't let it slip through my fingers!

Whoooo ive got my dress. Went to La Bella Brides. Kathy is absolutly wonderful.

I got married this June, and bought my dress in September 06, I went to a sale and found an amazing dress reduced from £1000 to £250! Yipeee!

I love a bargain!

:clap:ive got my dress. it came last week just a little altering to do. its a little long. im getting excited now :banana::banana::banana: