Wagon Wheels - Have they shrunk?

I find this kind of thing totally laughable. Has anyone noticed the size of Wagon Wheels these days? Is it me of have they seem to have shrunk? Back in the day they used to be the size of my hand, these days they are nothing more than a little biscuit. The best thing about it is that on the packaging they have the cheek to put "Original Wagon Wheel". Are they trying to take the p*** or what?

Daren't eat them, too fat already, getting fatter by the hour, never look for them, nice but naughty, never stop, walk straight on. You should do the same, use willpower, keep your money in your pocket. :D

Originally posted by "halevan"

Daren't eat them, too fat already, getting fatter by the hour, never look for them, nice but naughty, never stop, walk straight on. You should do the same, use willpower, keep your money in your pocket. :D

Oh, I don't eat them anymore....but getting fat is not the reason. I just don't like getting ripped off. :)

do you not think that when you were younger your hands were smaller :lol:

there is proof WagonWheels havent changed size, as they measured one back "in the day" as you say, and they are the same size, its just a brain trick.

Mars Bars on the other hand...

Originally posted by "RPG"

do you not think that when you were younger your hands were smaller :lol:

there is proof WagonWheels havent changed size, as they measured one back "in the day" as you say, and they are the same size, its just a brain trick.

No, I meant the size of my hand now. Where is this proof? I know it's alot smaller. Just the same as Walkers crisps only fill half the bag as a pose to a full bag back in the day.

Come, Come, now if you don't eat them why buy them, are you being economical with the truth? OOHH, you are awfull but I like you. :lol::lol:

Originally posted by "halevan"

Come, Come, now if you don't eat them why buy them, are you being economical with the truth? OOHH, you are awfull but I like you. :lol::lol:

hey, I don't buy them honest! but perhaps I do take a good look at them pretty often. Like I say I did buy them in my youth but not now.

I too thought that but it must be said everything has got smaller and the packaging bigger. I think the original Mars bars were somewhere between the current size and the 'King Size' version. Now what about the chocolate on the Club biscuits, is it me or has the chocolate layer got thinner ?

Who said wagon wheels were always the same size, come on own up.

It's a lie.

I ate them when I was a nipper... I ate them when I was a teenager.

They have shrunk.

As for Mars bars check out my website on the 'nostalgia' page.

http://www.geocities.com/miseryguts2002/

Originally posted by "Lickszz"

No, I meant the size of my hand now. Where is this proof? I know it's alot smaller. Just the same as Walkers crisps only fill half the bag as a pose to a full bag back in the day.

Walkers actually have more crisps nowadays. There used to be only 30g but now there's 34.5g. I remember when they used to be 20p though, you'd struggle to find them for less than 30p now.

yup, walkers put more crisps in now, and they make the bag bigger to make it look like you have more crisps

What about Curly Wurly's am I wrong or did they used to be much bigger at one time?