Sign in to follow this  

Photo quality from DVDs

I have found somebody who will transfer my Mini Dv tapes to DVD at a very reasonable price.

I wonder what kind of quality I can expect from producing photographs from the stillshot that have been transferred.

Some of these images are precious to me and it will be great if they come out reasonable.

I'd appreciate any advice or comments on this.

I have found somebody who will transfer my Mini Dv tapes to DVD at a very reasonable price.

I wonder what kind of quality I can expect from producing photographs from the stillshot that have been transferred.

Some of these images are precious to me and it will be great if they come out reasonable.

I'd appreciate any advice or comments on this.

DVD resolution is roughly 720x576 pixels. Given that for decent photo prints you need to have (at the absolutely minimum) 150 pixels per inch if you're using an inkjet printer. You'll just about squeeze a 6"x4" print out of DVD if you're very lucky and it's a good clean frame.

Still, as they're precious to you, you'll be more concerned about the fact you have them printed than them being award winning quality! You should be just about okay. Good luck!

Thanks Mr Chris fr your reply.

I have sent the tapes to New Zealand via a friend.

The have all been copied nto DVD for £6.50 each and so the ill b waiting for me when I return there.

The images are very important to me as they are rreplaceable and along as I can print the images I'll be happy.

Happy Days!