Photos of Tinsley Cooling Towers

They are coming down soon, so last chance to takes a few snaps.

Whilst driving along Meadowhall Road (Rotherham side, the road heading to Kimberworth) the other night. I spotted what could be a great picture.

The hills behind the towers, viewed from the top of Meadowhall Rd are completely covered with street lights etc, and the towers obviously block the lights. (an almost inverse silhouette as it were).

I don't currently have a camera to control such a long exposure, but if anyone fancies trying it, I think it could be a great shot. :love:

Is there a demolition date actually set yet? Getting photos of them going down should be pretty amazing too.

Don't expect anything dramatic for the demolition.

The reason they have stood disused for so long is because of the risk of causing damage to Tinsley Viaduct if the towers were to be blown up.

This is the same reason the cooling towers at Thorpe Marsh power station nr. Doncaster are still standing, being next to the canal.

So I think it will be a nibbler job rather than a big bang.

Just my thoughts, but still worth recording before they are gone.

Tinsley Towers

www [dot] TinsleyTowers [dot] com

I set this site up to help stop these twoers being pulled down.

Please support it by telling others.

Tinsley Towers

www [dot] TinsleyTowers [dot] com

I set this site up to help stop these twoers being pulled down.

Please support it by telling others.

:hihi:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/content/image_galleries/tinsley_cooling_towers_gallery.shtml?2

These look brilliant - all stainless steel, that'd be a great sculpture, but i doubt they're set for anything but rubble now.

I was quite amused at last weeks meadowhall transport rally for the last god knows how many years when taking photosgraphs of the buses people have tried to get the cooling towers OUT OF THE PICTURE this year everyone was trying to get them in !!! wonder why

Cooling towers being demolished, early hours of 24th August.

It is suggested a viewing platform may be installed in Meadowhall carpark, photo opportunities I think.