Need to buy a tripod

I'm looking for a tripod for my camera; how much is this likely to cost and where would be the best place to buy?

Can't afford one now, need ideas though.

Thanks

What camera(s) are you wanting to support, what type of photography ie landscapes, general low light, macro etc. What is your budget.

The cheapest and sturdiest available I guess.

I'm using a FUJI finepix SLR, need a tripod for landscapes, mid shots, wildlife which is a bit tricky, possibly macros etc, mostly for the photography for my dissertation, also be nice to contend with the shakes!

Poundland.

No...seriously!

They have a cheap, nasty but nevertheless handy tabletop tripod. If the legs are arranged properly it will hold my A100 SLR steady as long as the camera isn't pointed at too steep a downward angle. A remote shutter release is really needed for anything other than a fast shutter if the camera is bulky as it isn't rock-solid.

But gadget-bag sized and surprisingly handy to have - and if you can't afford a £30-ish starter tripod, worth a quid of anyone's money

Blimey, I'll have to take a look me thinks.. although I would prefer a floor standing tripod or something with a bit of height. Thanks, hopefully Poundland on the Moor will have one!

I have a couple of the mini trpods from poundland, they are great for

taking low level macro shots and for table top photography.

Exact same sells in maplin's for £9:99. Here:surprised

Just be careful with the telescopic legs, they can contract if placed on an uneven surface three small rubber bands or some plastic tape

stops this from happening.

Doesn't seem too sturdy as the camera has fallen over in the Maplins' Picture! :hihi:

The heavier the better is the basic rule of tripods. So a cheap + easy way of improving/upgrading a lightweight tripod is to hang your camera bag in the centre of tripod. Plus it saves you shoulders too and keeps your bag off a dirty floor. So a multipurpose tip.:thumbsup:

Oh no, the poundland ones are far from sturdy. Nevertheless I have both a heavy duty "proper" tripod which is a pin to carry around, and a poundland one which is limited but fits in a pocket.

And, nice tip!

I have something like the Maplins/Pondlands minipod which I use to place a slave flash on. And a Gorrilla Pod for the same reason.