Boyfriend, looking for work (Portuguese)

Hello!!

My boyfriend is going to move to Sheffield, but has had cold feet because is worried that will not be able to find a job. He is Portuguese, speaks some English and understands all. He has just left his job in Portugal (worked as a technician testing car seats at a factory) for 10 years and at an opticians before that for 5 years. He is 35 and very reliable. He has recentley taken 2 short courses in Cooking, and loves this and would like to work in something related. But he is willing to take up any job (not to strenuous physically because he has problem with a kneecap) and is a hard worker with lots of go. He gets on very well with people and I am sure will get over the language barrier in a couple of months. He has belonged to 2 associations in Portugal where he helped organize inumerouse events. Does anyone have any suggestions for jobs for him ?

Thanks

Anneke

stay there its hotter

Yeah but I'm here... Actualy when I left it was colder than when I arrived here. Depends where you live in Portugal, and even the sunny Algarve is chilly in the winter...

If he is serious about cooking, i know that frankie and Benny's restaurant in sheff have 5 full time portugese chefs already. Maybe its worth a shot in that direction or even by just asking them??

Good luck

Thats great!

Thank you for your help!

Where abouts is this restaurant (Near where or what Road)?

Thanks

Anneke

its at centertainment towards meadowhall.

Originally posted by Anneke

He has belonged to 2 associations in Portugal where he helped organize inumerouse events.

Anneke

... hmmm PM me ... is bf from Algarve? Any Golf knowledge?

No. Does not have any golf knowledge but is very able and willing to learn. Thanks all for your help.

Anneke

He might also want to try Nando's on West st. I'm pretty sure there's a few Portuguese people working there.

portuygese as in african.or morroco Portugal has done nothing since about 400 years ago be coz of african assimilation. Just look at them, they dont look european

Originally posted by Anneke

Hello!!

My boyfriend is going to move to Sheffield, but has had cold feet because is worried that will not be able to find a job. He is Portuguese, speaks some English and understands all. He has just left his job in Portugal (worked as a technician testing car seats at a factory) for 10 years and at an opticians before that for 5 years. He is 35 and very reliable. He has recentley taken 2 short courses in Cooking, and loves this and would like to work in something related. But he is willing to take up any job (not to strenuous physically because he has problem with a kneecap) and is a hard worker with lots of go. He gets on very well with people and I am sure will get over the language barrier in a couple of months. He has belonged to 2 associations in Portugal where he helped organize inumerouse events. Does anyone have any suggestions for jobs for him ?

Thanks

Anneke