Help Please READ!!! Seeking support groups for deaf people.

Hello i have a friend who has a sister who is deaf. she is very low at the moment and is looking for groups for her sister to attend for support, interaction and friendship. Does anyone know of any groups running at the moment.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Thank you

think there should be something at Voluntary Action Sheffield, the Circle on Rockingham Lane http://www.vas.org.uk

How about the deaf clubs in Sheffield, she could get to meet lots of people there, make new friends and find support or have access to information she might need

Found this on the Help Yourself Database:

"Organisation Name SHEFFIELD CENTRAL DEAF CLUB (SCDC)

Description Arranges social activities for deaf people, friends and families. Resources include indoor games facilities, sign language classes, ladies group, church meetings and a snack bar.

Languages British Sign Language

Office Address & Opening Times

Bryward House

19 Shude Hill

Sheffield

S1 2AR

Contact Name :- Mrs Barbara Paston, Secretary

Wed-Fri 10am-3pm,

Tel :- 0114 275 5307Minicom :- 0114 275 5307

Venue and Meeting Times

Bryward House

19 Shude Hill

Sheffield

S1 2AR

One Tues in the month 7.30-9.30pm (ladies group)

Contact Name :-

Tel :-

Contact Address

Bryward House

19 Shude Hill

Sheffield

S1 2AR

Tel :- "

thanks to everyone for all the comments and suggestions. i will forward this lot on. thanks again.

Please search Hard of hearing/Deaf people need more help and support

on facebook

It will help her as it helped thousands :) If she ever need to talk or advice, please message me on there as I'm deaf myself :)

x

Found this on the Help Yourself Database:

"Organisation Name SHEFFIELD CENTRAL DEAF CLUB (SCDC)

Description Arranges social activities for deaf people, friends and families. Resources include indoor games facilities, sign language classes, ladies group, church meetings and a snack bar.

Languages British Sign Language

Office Address & Opening Times

Bryward House

19 Shude Hill

Sheffield

S1 2AR

Wed-Fri 10am-3pm,

Tel :- 0114 275 5307Minicom :- 0114 275 5307

Venue and Meeting Times

Bryward House

19 Shude Hill

Sheffield

S1 2AR

One Tues in the month 7.30-9.30pm (ladies group)

Contact Name :-

Tel :-

Contact Address

Bryward House

19 Shude Hill

Sheffield

S1 2AR

Tel :- "

It is not at Shude hill anymore Dozy. The sheffield central deaf club can now be found on the 2nd floor of the victoria hall methodist church on chapel walk and is open mon to frin 10am to 2.30pm. The snack bar there is very reasonably priced and the members there make you feel welcome.

She could come to deaf club on grange crescent. It's every Wednesday night. It has hearing and Deaf people who attend. I sometimes go. How old is she?x

hi guys i am also partly deaf and want to get to know other deaf people, i went to the deaf day centre in norfolk street victoria hall methodist church but found that there all old fogeys and i want to get to know people my own age (31).

i shall try out the deaf group in grange crescent, thanks everyone xxxx

hi guys i am also partly deaf and want to get to know other deaf people, i went to the deaf day centre in norfolk street victoria hall methodist church but found that there all old fogeys and i want to get to know people my own age (31).

i shall try out the deaf group in grange crescent, thanks everyone xxxx

Im 30 at the end of the year and I go to the one in norfolk street for my batteries and retubing and like you said it does seem to be more popular amongst the older folk, never seen anyone my own age in there to be honest.

Hey, I'm 26 and attend Sheffield Deaf Club on Grange Crescent. There are a few of us that regularly go on Wednesdays and attend Grand Bingo once a month. We usually have about 15 of us sat around one table. There are other the lads that play Snooker and the men that stand at the bar. There are always new and old faces. Would be good to see some more new faces as there is always threats of the DC closing due to small numbers attending! I'm going this Wednesday, should be there for about half 7 with a group of female friends, there will be an equal number of men and women ranging from the age of about 24, onwards. Children always welcome! Hope to see you there!