View Full Version : Jinnah Pakastani Restaurant Ecclesfield.

surfinjim
11-08-2007, 22:27
Its located where the old Arundel pub used to be.

Opening soon, I'm going tomorrow as aguest to have a look round/sample.

I'll let you all know what its like.

Jim

Patrick1346
12-08-2007, 18:30
Looks great from the outside, welcome adition to the area.

surfinjim
12-08-2007, 19:21
Fantastic on the inside as well. Glass waterfall behind the bar is mighty impressive.

Popadoms, pakora,bhajis for starters together with Kasmeri Lamb Chops! WOW!WOW!WOW! One of the best things I've ever had.

Buffet style main curries, and the 2 I tried where both spot on. A guy at our table tried a prawn curry which he said was the best he'd ever had, and also some really nice veggie dishes.

Can't comment on prices as no menu's about to have a look at with it being opening night.

I will certainly be booking in the near future once the initial furore has died down.

Jim

TrashyBook
13-08-2007, 07:27
Can't comment on prices as no menu's about to have a look at with it being opening night.

Do you have any idea when it opens to the general public?

surfinjim
13-08-2007, 12:13
Do you have any idea when it opens to the general public?

Honest answer-No.

But they were up and running yesterday, so wouldn't be suprised if it was from today.

Jim

Patrick1346
13-08-2007, 21:30
Fantastic on the inside as well. Glass waterfall behind the bar is mighty impressive.

Popadoms, pakora,bhajis for starters together with Kasmeri Lamb Chops! WOW!WOW!WOW! One of the best things I've ever had.

Buffet style main curries, and the 2 I tried where both spot on. A guy at our table tried a prawn curry which he said was the best he'd ever had, and also some really nice veggie dishes.

I will certainly be booking in the near future once the initial furore has died down.

Jim

Sounds great, I will be there as soon as possible. Thanks for the info.

surfinjim
14-08-2007, 06:11
Sounds great, I will be there as soon as possible. Thanks for the info.

Obviously let me know what you think. Hope its as good as I made out/

Jim

PS Kashmeri Lamb Chops- don't forget

pitsmoorlad
14-08-2007, 09:21
Well if it's anything like their restaurant near Malton it will be spot on. Found something on the net that said the Malton one had been voted in the top 30 of speciality Asian Cuisine restaurants in Britain. (100 items on the menu at the Malton one)
It opened on Monday to the general public so I'm going for a pre birthday meal with friends on Thursday Night. Honest opinions posted on Friday morning. :thumbsup:

hmr44
14-08-2007, 10:41

GazB
14-08-2007, 12:16
Yeah I noticed this as well (seeing as it's pretty much on my road). Might give it a try at the weekend.

waddy
14-08-2007, 15:08
I live near so I will definately be going.I'm gonna have a drive down and have a nosy.

em18
14-08-2007, 18:12
Does anyone know the number for this place? Sounds brilliant wouldn't mind trying it.

pitsmoorlad
14-08-2007, 20:37
Just found out that they do a take away service as well, sorry don't know the phone No but will post it if I find out.

tannedjay
16-08-2007, 08:57
went last night was packed had to wait an hour to get seated but was well worth the wait the curry was spot on 9/10 the service bit unorganised but due to the fact its new. but overall very nice place nice staff and most of all nice curry

pitsmoorlad
16-08-2007, 09:42
As previously posted I'm off there tonight, but fortunately I've booked. Just got sight of the take away menu from a work mate...........drroooooooooooooooooooooooolllllll. .......
Not had most of what's on there but they make it sound scrumptious.
Will let you all know my thoughts tomorrow, just hope it's not an anti - climax now. (That's what Mrs Pitsmoorlad uasually says to me)

Someone was asking for the phone number 0114 2467238

pitsmoorlad
17-08-2007, 07:24
As promised here it is, my honest opinion: Went last night as a pre Birthday party.

Food....... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummmmmmm. It was nice to see more than Korma / passanda. There were about 14 different mild dishes to choose from. And SurfinJim was right about the lamb chops, had 'em as part of the mixed starter. Then I had something called Chicken LaJawab. 6 of us had 4 mild and 2 medium meals. Top Grub
Service.... OK. The whole meal of poppadom / starters / main took about an hour and three quarters to serve up and eat. Some may have thought there was a bit of a wait between courses but being a kind of a party we were OK with it.
Decor.... Very nice, but then as a new restaurant you'd expect it to be. Pleasant, busy, no loud music.
Price..... 6 people, 3 courses (if poppadoms are a course) couple of rounds of drinks..... came to 18 each. We were happy and we'll certainly go back again. Think that the wine per bottle is a bit pricey.
Only my opinion though and I'm no connoisseur.

Lottiey
19-08-2007, 07:50
went last night - didnt really rate it all .
very loud - very bright - cramped - food ok although waiters very very quick to take your plates away and cutlery.
I know its all new - but if you want somewhere a bit quiet- I would stay away and it reminds me of a indian chav version of a fast food restaurant.

sorry folks- honest opinion.

GazB
20-08-2007, 08:35
Was trying to get a reservation on Saturday but I think they took the phone off the hook because it was engaged for about 4 hours!

I'll give it a few weeks, let it die down a bit and let them settle in before I go.

senwar
20-08-2007, 08:38
I went last night and thought it was fantastic.

The food was superb - I had a tuna curry and it was just gorgeous.

Good service, tons of waiters and extremely welcoming and friendly. Its nicely decorated, with the bar being very nice. The old arundel conservatroy is basically as it was with just a bit of reupholstering and decorating but they've done a good job.

Its a tad pricey but worth it. And as its less than a 2 minute walk home, its a massive bonus (although not for my wallet and waistline!)

lippyliss
20-08-2007, 13:45
MMmmm sounds ok, but hectic,bit like me, lol. I think i will wait till they have settled in. I live locally and have seen it from the outside, theres some good comments on here so i will give it a try when i get a pay rise, pmsl.

Happyanna
22-08-2007, 20:22
Im going to try it for my hubbys birthday on Sunday.. hope its nice

rbos123
22-08-2007, 21:20
Went last night at 5.30 when it was quiet. Excellent food and nice ambiance, and the staff were most helpful. However check your bill as they made a 25 bill add up to 12.50 (nice for cockups to go in the customers favour for a change). When I pointed this out they soon rectified their mistake and I left a decent tip.

JA5E
29-08-2007, 14:31
Has anyone got a phone number for this place? I'm looking to book later on.

cheers in advance

GazB
30-08-2007, 08:28
Has anyone got a phone number for this place? I'm looking to book later on.

cheers in advance

0114 2467238

GazB
31-08-2007, 08:26
I said earlier in the thread that I spent the whole day a couple of weeks ago trying to get through but the line was constantly engaged (ie - Phone was off the hook) and would wait a bit to try again. Well yesterday (Thursday 30th) I phoned up, got through and made a booking for 8.30pm. Got there, no reservation made... Said I could wait, so I went to the bar to get a drink, waited 10 minutes to get served, and walked out after losing my patience.

Ruined my night seeing as it was a special occasion and I hadn't booked anywhere else! Ended up with a takeaway from Spice Cottage in Chap. I'm certainly staying away now and I recommend people do the same unless they want to be let down.

Jinnah - Have a word.

caz2go
01-09-2007, 08:40
we,ve not tried this place yet .
we,ve always had a nice meal at bayleaf in ecclesfield,food is good and staff friendly and never rush you,we dont usually have to book in the week .

mummikins
05-09-2007, 08:30
The best Indian food I've ever,ever tasted!!! Service excellent;polite,welcoming staff and service with a smile -wowee!!!!

Patrick1346
06-09-2007, 06:24
I said earlier in the thread that I spent the whole day a couple of weeks ago trying to get through but the line was constantly engaged (ie - Phone was off the hook) and would wait a bit to try again. Well yesterday (Thursday 30th) I phoned up, got through and made a booking for 8.30pm. Got there, no reservation made... Said I could wait, so I went to the bar to get a drink, waited 10 minutes to get served, and walked out after losing my patience.

Ruined my night seeing as it was a special occasion and I hadn't booked anywhere else! Ended up with a takeaway from Spice Cottage in Chap. I'm certainly staying away now and I recommend people do the same unless they want to be let down.

Jinnah - Have a word.

Must have been desperate if you went to the Spice Cpttage, it's a terrible substitute for food.

senwar
06-09-2007, 07:32

Jinnah - Have a word.

Whilst I feel for you and that must have been frustrating, its a bit of an overreaction recommending to people to stay away.

I've been twice now and its been great.

GazB
23-09-2007, 15:13
Well I'm not someone to hold a grudge, so after they've been open a few weeks (and sorted any issues out), I ordered a curry to take-away Friday night. Absolutely amazing, one of the tastiest I've ever had.

Me, our lass, my mate and his lass had a DVD night last night and ordered another takeaway from Jinnah. Picked it up, got home and there was 1 curry missing. Phoned them up, they apologised and asked if I could pick it up, and for the trouble (not a lot of trouble as I only live 1 minute away) they gave me a big bag full of goodies! Got a couple of starters, some poppadoms and mango chutney etc, a couple of curries, an extra rice and an extra naan bread! And it was all bloody marvellous.

In a way I wish I didn't try it, because now it's too easy for me to get one every night!

pitsmoorlad
25-09-2007, 11:53
In a way I wish I didn't try it, because now it's too easy for me to get one every night!

Glad it worked out allright for you Gaz, and now you seem to be hooked....
I'm just the same. Went there the first week, had a take-away when I got back off hols, went again last week and planning to go again this week. I'm not a spicey food fan and normally have a passanda or a korma. Here they've got lots of mild dishes to try. Can't comment on the spicey stuff. I'll leave that to others. Oh-oh, taste buds starting again.

Fusion786
27-09-2007, 05:05
Do they deliver?

Lottiey
27-09-2007, 08:05
Do they deliver?

no only chicken/lamb:hihi:

GazB
27-09-2007, 09:29
Do they deliver?

No you have to pick it up.

Happyanna
21-05-2008, 21:16
time to try Jinnas curry! yum yum for thursday night

waddy
04-12-2008, 08:13
We went last night and really enjoyed our meal.The staff are really friendly and it was very relaxed.Definately will be returning.

Frank Sidney
04-12-2008, 15:47
Do they do a buffet style thing? If so does anyone know what the prices like on a Friday night?

Happyanna
04-12-2008, 16:16
Lippy you have two options there.. either to have the buffet at about 10, or to go have there al la carte menu which is more expensive. why not go have a look at their website?

http://www.jinnah-restaurants.com/

khizman
04-12-2008, 19:24
Buffet is 10.95,
went there today,
Starters are served at your table,
Rice + Nan is brought to your table but the main dishes are buffet.
No dessert unfortunatley.

Annoying things were that there wasn't a selection of rice or salad like buffets normally have.

Food was good and staff were excellent

If they had a better selection of rice/salad and included desserts in the price then I would be 100% happy, only complaint is I thought it was a little bit expensive for what it was.

Happyanna
04-12-2008, 20:21
Oh yes.. also the buffet is not great for veggies, but then again no chinese/indian buffet ive ever been to ever has a good veggie selection.. normally one or two dishes. the a la carte menu is better for picky people or veggies like myself :-)

COOKIE BOY
07-08-2010, 18:39
Paid a visit to the Jinnah........

We had lamb and chicken dishes and the meat was tough. The taste was also very bland. Reminded me of boil in the bag!

I read the previous comments on this restaurant and can't understand why people rave about it.