Sign in to follow this  

Reality TV

what does everyone think about the rival reality tv programmes?

pop idol and fame acadamy?

do you watch any of them? if so which one?

whats your opinion?

i watch fame academy mostly! i have to say i like watching programmes like this!

i think most of the students in fame academy are really talented!

i like alistair, carolynne and alex.

I think the first few pop idols are really funny because of all the muppets auditioning, after that it's lousy.

I think all the others aregarbage too.

yeah i wach them both!!!

my faves in the academy are:-

* alistair

* gary

* james

* carolynne

* louise

i wach pop idol wen itz repeated.

i prefer FA tho!!!

:D FA all the way!!! :D

Its a load of bilge, I could no more sit and watch that Pop Idol than put my head in the gas oven, and Gary whats-is-name is like a little puff and he can't sing for toffee, I wouldn't pay him out in buttons.

halevan Said:

Its a load of bilge, I could no more sit and watch that Pop Idol than put my head in the gas oven, and Gary whats-is-name is like a little puff and he can't sing for toffee, I wouldn't pay him out in buttons.

Don't you mince your words - say exactly what you mean mate !!!

Not only is Halevan right in pointing out these shows are cheap garbage, but they are run almost purely for the cash to be made on voting the contestants on or off using expensive to call but cheap to run premium rate lines.

And another thing - whilst i totally support the idea that they know what they are getting into I also cannot believe how much these kids are exploited when they get through !!

Total garbage - I don't watch any. I'm sure watching this sort of banal tripe is rotting the brains of the population - last summer my buddies talked of nothing but Big Brother, in such a way that I thought they werre talking about people they actually knew until I was put right!

What do I think of reality TV? Its utter bol**cks. I do find the first few Pop Idols good from a comedy perspective though. Reality TV is a fad that is on its way out, hopefully. The worst offender is Big Brother, which shamelessly makes 'celebrities', and I use the term very loosely, out of people that don't in any way deserve the status, or the money for that matter. Whereas actors/actresses, and pop stars to some extent, spend years of hard work and use their natural talents to entertain people, Big Brother winners/close runner ups find fame through sitting around in a house under CCTV and acting with as few moral standards as is possible. I have only seen a few minutes of Big Brother since the first series was shown, and every time I stumble on it I either see crass individuals shouting and swearing at each other or people sitting around talking about nothing in particular. Why on earth people like to watch such rubbish is beyond me. The mind boggles.....

8) fame acadamy you people really watch that rubbish? :banana: come on ALEX enuff said lol

Anyone else noticed that the people who say they don't watch it actually know the names of the people on it!? :lol:

Personally, I like Big Brother, Pop Idol and Fame Academy. But I've hardly watched any of the Fame Academy this year, it seems weird!

Chloé

I can't stand reality teevee. It's nothing more than a mental contraceptive. Personally, I don't watch much television any more - appart from the odd documentary - but even some of those are being dumbed down.