Anyone Visited Spearmint Rhino Yet?

Obviously you might not be happy to admit it, but I'm interested to know if anyone has been to the Spearmint Rhino lap dancing club? What is it like? Is it as sleazy as people have suggested?

If you haven't been yet - are you planning to? For all we know, the club might be empty every night?! But then I guess they did some research and found a market here?

:?:

Guest Guest

I have`nt been to the Rhino myself but I was talking to a couple of blokes the other night that had just come out of it. Apparently £30 to get in and beer /lager £5 a pint one said he had spent £350 the other nearly £500 because he had had a private session with one of the girls. Don`t know how true it all was but if we could get some funding from the council perhaps we could do a bit of research for the Sheffield Forum, I`m quite prepared to give up some of my free time. I`ll need some one to take notes. any volunteers???

Was taken there against my will (yeah, right) by my mates on my stag do this weekend. I'm not normally one prone to hyperbole, but it was the single best hour of my life.

The venue is pretty, well, intimate...but it was about as unsleazy as a lapdancing bar can get. There was a complete lack of dirty mac-wearing weirdos, and the girls were generally fairly demure unless they were indulging patrons in private dances in the attached private rooms.

And the dances....well, i can't say i'm wet behind the ears, but their ability to...erm...do the job was nothing short of spectacular.

Prices: £10 entry, £3.50 for 2 bottles of Stella (!!!) and £20 for a 5 minute private dance.

The lads waxed half a grand in an hour, but with 12 of us, that isn't a bad return on investment.

I've been in the Rhino twice. I know the doorstaff their so I wanda down for a chat. Not a sleazy place at all, quite nice inside I'd say.

I get in for nowt!:lol:

How does one get a job there? I know they had to get the ladies of sheffield interested by giving free dance lessons (in pole dancing)

You wanna be a dancer XADRIAN?:P

Bar staff, well just ring the place and ask to speak to th manager.

Door staff... first you need your Door Supervisors Certificate and Door Badge. Then you need to speak to the head doorman and ask to be put on the waiting list which is a long as my arm (8 times over):?

headlines in last weds star:

- lap-dancing club is 'UNDERPERFORMING'

- city strip club may have to cut prices in a bid to attract more punters

it said one midweek night that there was only one punter in at 9pm and that most of the dancers had gone back to dancing dollar and that it has cut its opening hours back.

they market themselves as 'classy' but doesnt that depend on your perception of taste?

I'd love to dance there.......probably pays more money thana I get working were I am at the mo

To be honest Spearmint Rhino picked the wrong part of town. They'd be better off on West Street/Division Street.

Otherwise, they should be in Leeds!

Originally posted by DaBouncer

To be honest Spearmint Rhino picked the wrong part of town. They'd be better off on West Street/Division Street.

Otherwise, they should be in Leeds!

There's too many pubs in that area already - imagine the drink-related violence! And too many students - the Unis would complain when grades started falling.

Send them to Attercliffe, along with the others!

i read that the rhino charges the dancers £80 each to dance there, (thats pimping for you!) so if midweek theres 8 dancers and only a handful of customers and only a percentage of them buy a dance for £20, dya reckon they earn all that much? they could potentially loose money midweek and make loads at the weekend but then theres all that tanning and waxing to be paid for...

Couldn't stand the place. Tacky decor, and even the girls weren't that good looking.