Can anyone do really quick guitar set up?

I've got a Squier Strat which has developed a first fret buzz on the top 3 strings. I've raised the 3 offending saddles which has made things a bit better but it's still not quite right.

I'm away from Sheffield until Friday 27th July and I've got to drive to a gig on Saturday morning, hopefully with the guitar all set up and ready to go.

So:

1) Can anyone give me a thread based crash course in guitar set-up that will help me to fix the problem myself.

or:

2) Does anyone do set up who I could bring the guitar to on Friday morning and pick it up in the evening? If so, how much do you charge and where do I find you?

timescale might be dodgy for people, borrow a guitar for the gig and sort it when your back.

timescale might be dodgy for people, borrow a guitar for the gig and sort it when your back.

I've got a lovely array of guitars to choose from for the gig but I really wanted to use this one because it looks right for this particular event.

*Awaits volley of insults from musos who are outraged that someone would play a pink Hello Kitty guitar* :rolleyes:

I've got a lovely array of guitars to choose from for the gig but I really wanted to use this one because it looks right for this particular event.

*Awaits volley of insults from musos who are outraged that someone would play a pink Hello Kitty guitar* :rolleyes:

haha, im sure all the 6yr old girls won't mind you playing a normal guitar :hihi: although it would be great to see someone in say...metallica playing that guitar :hihi:

You could try a bit of rizla packet in the nut slots. It may raise the strings up enough to stop the buzzing. Sounds like it's either fret wear or the nut has settled in the slot, or was just badly cut to start with. Might get you out of trouble. Good luck with the gig.

Cool guitar btw :-)

You could try a bit of rizla packet in the nut slots. It may raise the strings up enough to stop the buzzing. Sounds like it's either fret wear or the nut has settled in the slot, or was just badly cut to start with. Might get you out of trouble. Good luck with the gig.

Cool guitar btw :-)

Thanks Bob.

It's pretty much brand new so the frets are still gleaming and fully bumpy.

It was fine until a series of string breakages during one particularly cack-handed rehearsal. It was when I replaced the strings that it all went a bit buzzy.

I will take your nut slot rizla advice as a short term fix and then get it properly set up after the gig. :thumbsup: