Does anyone live in Castle Court Hyde Park?

Hi.

does anyone live in northern counties castle court?

I am very keen to find out about layouts inside the flats e.g

how many bedrooms do you have and do you go upstairs in your flat or downstairs? do you have two sets of stairs in your flat?

is your flat spilt level or just on one floor?

Any help on this would be very much appreciated

thanks

I live in the flats:

how many bedrooms do you have

Mine has 2, not sure if some flats have more though.

and do you go upstairs in your flat or downstairs?

Mine goes upstairs but I can tell that some go downstairs as well.

do you have two sets of stairs in your flat?

Only 1 set of stairs in the flat, although they do spiral round as you go up them.

downstairs is 1 floor, and upstairs is level 1 floor.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi

I used to live in Castle Court. Third floor, number 18 I think it was.....

I had a two bed flat with two sets of stairs and two doors. When you walked in either door, both sets of stairs went down the actual 'living space' was on one level.

I loved my flat, it was cheap, spacious and I never had any trouble there. :D

We lived there too, about 20 years ago. Our flat was a two bedroomed, and had the kitchen on the ground floor, as you walked through the front door, then then the living room, toilet/bathroom and bedrooms were up stairs. Like previous poster, our flat was great, and we were gutted when we left. :(

Jayne

Hi.

how many bedrooms do you have and do you go upstairs in your flat or downstairs? do you have two sets of stairs in your flat?

thanks

there are a number of styles of flat and maisonette on hyde park, batbeanz.

In the three bedroomed maisonettes, generally, you walk in to the entrance hall, on the level of the walkway, and go through your kitchen and into your living room (which opens off your kitchen). the bedrooms, loo and bathroom are upstairs.

the 2-bed maisonettes, generally, are laid out thus:-

into the entrance hall, and the Kitchen is on the same level. you then go upstairs, and, as you look along the doors off your landing, they go:- front bedroom (over landing) , bathroom, loo, back bedroom (over the kitchen) and living room.

the 2-bed "flats" are thus:-

in through front door, small landing with a recess, where you can hang your coats, down the stairs, to another hallway the door on one side of you. this opens into the kitchen, with the living room off the kitchen. off the hallway, the doors open like this:- bathroom/loo combined, smaller bedroom, big bedroom and a cubby hole/ storage place, about four feet deep, under the stairs.

there are a small number of 2-bed flats, on the very ends of each row which have a second door, that opens off the communal stairwell. When I lived on HPF, these had a layout "in the round", where you could walk all the way round the flat with interconnecting doors between the rooms, not rooms off one central hallway, like the other flats. (there are just two on each row, IIRC)

the very top level have/had a mixture all sorts of design of flats, one, two, three and four bedroomed properties, (when I lived there) they were really nice inside, with massive balconies, back then, and great views.(of course, the balconies are no longer there, since the refurb.)

When I split with my ex hubby, I tried with Northern Counties, for one of those flats. I didn't succeed, in getting one. I'm not sure whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, as I've heard mixed reports about Castle Court and Harold Lambert Court. (I know that there are no dropped kerbs within the complex, to reception, from maltravers/cricket inn road, which make things quite difficult)

quick edit, to add, the flats and bedrooms, generally are quite well laid out, airy and spacious, inside. the kitchens were huge, we used to use it as a kitchen-living room in my old maisonette.

Hi.

thanks

I used to live in the flats that you are enquiring about.

I had two entrances and went downstairs from both. The entrance that was the front door at the bottom was the bathroom, with the living room door on the left, turn right and walk down a small hallway with walk in cupboards running down the right to, with the airing cupboard on the left to a big main bedroom.

The 2nd entrance at the bottom the stairs was the utility room, with the kitchen on the right and walk in cupboards (with hanging space) running along the left wall and I think right, at the end of the hallway was a box room.

My next door neighbours I think you went upstairs with one entrance, one of my friends lived in one of the penthouses on the top floor obvioulsy everythings on one level.

They used to be great when 1st re-modernised & re-opened after the student games not sure what they are like now, heard a lot of druggies live on there now? not really sure:huh:

I have friends living on Park Walk at Castle Court, which is the 'first' floor (after ground and upper ground?). The flats themselves are really nice. However, they have a very noisy teenage girl living next to them, who thinks nothing of playing deafening music at 3am. Complaints to the flats staff have had no effect, as they say it could be anybody living in the flats, even though they know it is next door. It's a pity as the flats themselves are really OK and the staff keep the walkways immaculate. The security there is good too.

We have just been offered a flat on there and are hopefully going to accept! Went to have a look today and seemed ok.

We have just been offered a flat on there and are hopefully going to accept! Went to have a look today and seemed ok.

OMG you gonna be my next door neighbour :);)

OMG you gonna be my next door neighbour :);)

Could well be :hihi::hihi:

Were gonna be on the top floor, and i dont like heights all that well :hihi: but when i went today i looked out and it wasnt too bad :)

Why are you planning on robbing one?:suspect:

They used to be great when 1st re-modernised & re-opened after the student games not sure what they are like now, heard a lot of druggies live on there now? not really sure:huh:

heard a lot of druggies live on there now? not really sure:huh: