Short Changed Performers at the Woodseats

I am on a email list of lots of bands, and it seems on two occasions in the recent weeks two seperate bands that we know about have been paid less than what was agreed because there was not enough money in the Till at "the woodseats".

This seems to be quite shoddy behaviour, and down to the venue for not getting a good enough promotion going.

So I would reccomend agreeing the precise details of the fee before playing a note to anyone playing in there.

That's very good advice, muddycoffee. Thanks for that.

Good shout muddy. I do remember the Classic Rock Bar had quite a nice way of doing things for new bands, which was a percentage of the takings, and a few beers (without taking the Michael) for the band.

They got a bit of exposure, and the venue got known as somewhere to go; maybe get people to negotiate along those lines?

have heard that a few bands are not going to play there anymore!

due to the landlord bringing in a share of the takings scheme, instead of a fixed payment for the night.not good for the likes of Sour Mash who fill the place but wouldn't get the full pay due to only one person serving beer.

have heard that a few bands are not going to play there anymore!

due to the landlord bringing in a share of the takings scheme, instead of a fixed payment for the night.not good for the likes of Sour Mash who fill the place but wouldn't get the full pay due to only one person serving beer.

Is the left handed guitarist "Rich" in Sour Mash ?