Running around Damflask, Bradfield.

Ive just started running around the Damflask at Bradfield most evenings but as im running I have noticed everyone else runs in the opposite direction. Does anyone know if one way is easier than the other or am I just running the wrong way! Im running anti-clock wise. Please help !!

Guest Ant

Methinks you whittle too much.

Try running the other way round and see for yourself. The change of perspective will help lessen the monotony of jogging.

I regularly walk around Dam Flask. Sometimes one way, sometimes the other.

There isn't a 'right way'.

perhaps it just seems that way because you meet all the people going all the other way at some point on your way around, whereas you might never see some of the people going the same way as you...

I run round the flask and always run from the garage to the plough and anti clockwise...There is little in it because you get the same quzntity of hills and flats but in different orders.

Try both ways, it makes it a little different if anything.

perhaps it just seems that way because you meet all the people going all the other way at some point on your way around, whereas you might never see some of the people going the same way as you...

Logic prevails at last :hihi:

It is obvious that you will see more traffic coming the other way, like when your traveling and seem to see the same car for miles because its the one in front :D

I run round the flask and always run from the garage to the plough and anti clockwise...There is little in it because you get the same quzntity of hills and flats but in different orders.

I used to do the same as Paul, running anticlockwise with the reservoir on my left hand, only I parked in a different place. I found the steep hill easier that way with a nice run down the other side and it seems natural to keep on the left hand side of the road and keep turning left, if you know what I mean. From memory it is exactly 3.5 miles.

:)

I've also tried that route very early in the morning,just free n easy

I used to do the same as Paul, running anticlockwise with the reservoir on my left hand, only I parked in a different place. I found the steep hill easier that way with a nice run down the other side and it seems natural to keep on the left hand side of the road and keep turning left, if you know what I mean. From memory it is exactly 3.5 miles.

:)

Grahame, where is the 'steep hill' around Flask?

(Assuming your route is on the footpath that skirts 95% of the Dam).

I alway used to run it anti clockwise, starting from just before the boat house. I once ran clockwise for a change but didn't enjoy it as much. Maybe I am a creature of habit. Same with the dam at Fairholmes, I always used to run that anti clockwise.

Grahame, where is the 'steep hill' around Flask?

(Assuming your route is on the footpath that skirts 95% of the Dam).

Well it's not that murderous one to Dungworth that is part of the Christmas Pudding run or whatever they call it. :D

I have just noticed about the footpath you mention, I don't know that path, I keep to the road, and there's me a fell runner an all, shame on me.

The hill I mean is on the north side of the reservoir and the downhill section eventually brings you out at the garage. There is a fork in the road and the right hand fork takes you to High Bradfield. I just take the left hand fork, keeping to the reservoir. I don't suppose it is that steep but the rest of the run is flat isn't it and it is about the only hill there is, the road leaves the edge of the reservoir for a bit. :)

Sorry, I misled you a bit there.

it bloody is steep when u done 3 laps :lol:but im like u keep the dam to the left and take the right fork ;)