Unwashed hair self cleaning and amazing

After reading various reviews about the merits of NEVER washing your hair again using shampoo or conditioners, and just rinsing from time to time in water, I have now been convinced. Not washed my hair for 4 weeks and it feels great, although it takes up to 3 months before the full 'self cleaning' processes to settle down, giving you hair condition that even the most expensive shampoo in the world cannot imitate.

Anyone tried never washing their hair? It goes crap after about 5 days but hold out for 2 weeks and it starts to improve itself, and by week 4, looks healthy and glowing and all the excess oils evaporate away......amazing....never buy shampoo and conditioner again, waste of money and bad for environment:)

I'm curious, how often are you rinsing in water?

Does this work for underarm and pubic as well? :gag:

I've heard it's really good for you but surely it smells a bit. (Sorry)

I would rather use eco friendly products and smell nice.

Does this work for underarm and pubic as well? :gag:

Yes, you no longer need to spend money on Cheese in the supermarket ever again. yummmm!

And you get the bus to yourself.

I'm curious, how often are you rinsing in water?

daily.....it works fine........no smell, just lovely shiny and great condition hair....

I remember this experiment being done on some prog or another some years ago, and it did actually work ... I've never had the nerve to try it though, always being in a front of house role in my working life, it's a scary thought having smelly hair for a few weeks before the effect kicks in :)

Although with the smoking ban in place ... *ponder* I might give it a go.

Do you colour or straighten your hair? just wondering if it would work as well then, im guessing not :confused:

After reading various reviews about the merits of NEVER washing your hair again using shampoo or conditioners, and just rinsing from time to time in water, I have now been convinced. Not washed my hair for 4 weeks and it feels great, although it takes up to 3 months before the full 'self cleaning' processes to settle down, giving you hair condition that even the most expensive shampoo in the world cannot imitate.

Anyone tried never washing their hair? It goes crap after about 5 days but hold out for 2 weeks and it starts to improve itself, and by week 4, looks healthy and glowing and all the excess oils evaporate away......amazing....never buy shampoo and conditioner again, waste of money and bad for environment:)

This makes sense (I think) I'd like more posters to try it before I do though, then let us know.....but how does it look in-between times when you have to go out to work ect ?

Maybe it's like trying to let your hair grow a certain length, you have to get thru that between stage first.

I used to do that and my hair was really fantastic.

I used to do that and my hair was really fantastic.

I think the hardest thing would be forgetting NOT to wash it, it's automatic isn't it ?