Request Of Desirable Employment In The Uk

I am a 24 male Bulgarian national who is looking for a job on the basis of work permit scheme from the beginning of February. I have a Bachelor degree in Marketing and am studying for my Master degree in the same major. I really like marketing communications and their integrated application. This is the field of my desirable realization, but I can do any possible work (general activities in hotels, restaurants, parkings, cleaning, building, agricultural job, etc.). My commands of English are excellent, and I also possess very good computer skills. At the moment, I work as Assistant Manager in an HR consulting company in Sofia (Bulgaria). I am a very communicative, sociable, responsive, highly-motivated and dedicated person. Any necessary documents and references will be provided upon request.

All offers are strongly appreciated. Thank you in advance! Please, contact me at affection2080@hotmail.com, or at +359886 544881.

Originally posted by Deni

I am a 24 male Bulgarian national who is looking for a job on the basis of work permit scheme from the beginning of February. I have a Bachelor degree in Marketing and am studying for my Master degree in the same major. I really like marketing communications and their integrated application. This is the field of my desirable realization, but I can do any possible work (general activities in hotels, restaurants, parkings, cleaning, building, agricultural job, etc.). My commands of English are excellent, and I also possess very good computer skills. At the moment, I work as Assistant Manager in an HR consulting company in Sofia (Bulgaria). I am a very communicative, sociable, responsive, highly-motivated and dedicated person. Any necessary documents and references will be provided upon request.

All offers are strongly appreciated. Thank you in advance! Please, contact me at affection2080@hotmail.com, or at +359886 544881.

What made you choose Sheffield?

I think you might have a difficulty obtaining a Work Permit for some of the jobs you mention. With your qualifications I would have thought you would have been able to find something more professional which would enable you to qualify for work permit status. Of course a lot would depend on how your qualifications measure up to that of a UK standard.

I take it any prospective employer would be applying for a work permit from out of the country then? I think that is the only way you might gain entry with a view to obtaining leave to remain in the UK in line with a work permit because according to what I heard in the house of commons the rules changed back in October, which apparently imposed restrictions on the categories able to obtain a work permit leave to remain.

The only other option I guess would be to try to obtain a permit under some agricultural or training work permit scheme.

I suggest you check the Home Office website for further information on overseas nationals working in the UK.

Thanks for your help and comments! I am more than certain it would be very hard to find any work but it's better to try than being brimful of doubts, despair and bad mood. Jobhunting is something terrible. In fact, I am employed at the moment but in a few months I graduate my education (Master degree in Marketing) and am looking for better position, preferably in an international company. That's why, I consider that United Kingdom could be a good place for realization. Please, if there are any potential employers searching for personnel, no matter qualified, or not, I would be extremely grateful, if they hire me for seasonal or permanent job (affection2080@hotmail.com, + 359(0)886 544881.

Thank you again! Deni

It is unlikely any employers in hotels, restaurants etc will apply for a work permit for you. And anyway they have to prove that they've tried absolutely everything and still cannot fill the vacancy, before their application is considered.

I knew a few bulgarians who came to the UK on a students Visa and then look for work when they are here. They had to register with a school to show they are studying and can only take on part time work (well they are supposed to anyway.)

In my opinion it is easier to find work while you are here, but to live you may have to just do whatever job you can find in the beginning to get started. Good luck

This is my point though. If they come here as a student then manage to obtain a full time position, although they may get an work permit approved they will not be able to change to a work permit leave to remain without going out of the country first and re-entering in some other category unless they have completed their studies in the UK to a certain level (which may be as high as recognised degree). As I before I heard this in the House of Commons announced as a rule change effective from October.

Basically I understood it to mean that unless they complete a recognised degree here then they will not be able to switch categories from student status to a work permit.