How can I find out who this phone number belongs to?

I know you will all say phone it but i cant/dont want to.

So.... how can i find out online who a number belongs to?

I have the number and have put it in google but no results.

I have gone on all the phone book sites and i can only find the option to search a name or business to be given a number and cant find an option to put a number in to get a name?

Hope that made sense.

Can anyone help me please?

It is a land number (01709).

Thanks

I have gone on all the phone book sites and i can only find the option to search a name or business to be given a number and cant find an option to put a number in to get a name?

Hope that made sense.

Thanks

Have you tried google with the " things on the ends?

If that comes up with nothing, I don't think it possible to find a residential number like that unless the number is on a website and is cached in Google's thing. (technical jargon is probably too advanced for you) :D

Hope that made sense.

Thanks

:confused::huh:

Its obviously Rotherham... That narrows it down a bit I guess! :P

Hope that made sense.

Thanks

Hmm tricky one,cant you just phone it.:roll::roll:

Its obviously Rotherham... That narrows it down a bit I guess! :P

you beat me to it, exhaust, I was going to say that. :D

Have you tried google with the " things on the ends?

If that comes up with nothing, I don't think it possible to find a residential number like that unless the number is on a website and is cached in Google's thing. (technical jargon is probably too advanced for you) :D

Hiya, have tried the " and no luck.

Yeah technical things are for big boys haha

and Gaz, in response to your puzzled look i cant/dont want to because i think it is a business number!

(long story)

What's the deal with the number? Are you avoiding their call or did you have a problem when they rang?

I was being pestered by an 01709 number that was silent every time I answered. It turned out to be a call centre trying to sell me payment protection on my credit card.

You can't do a reverse number search in the UK, unless you have a piece of hacked BT software, and no, I don't have it. :)

If you don't want them to know you've rung can't you just make yourself anonymous on your phone before calling? It's an option on most mobiles, or just put 141 before the number when you ring it?

The deal is.... i think it is a company but more specific a direct number to someone in that company who i dont wish to speak to although i cannot be certain and that is why i wanted to find out.

Not in debt or owt so i know its nothing like that i just THINK it is someone who i dont wish to speak to hence the fact i dont wish to phone it.

Hope that explains a little better. :)

The deal is.... i think it is a company but more specific a direct number to someone in that company who i dont wish to speak to although i cannot be certain and that is why i wanted to find out.

Not in debt or owt so i know its nothing like that i just THINK it is someone who i dont wish to speak to hence the fact i dont wish to phone it.

Hope that explains a little better. :)

Why don't you just get a friend of the opposite gender to phone the number for you on their own phone? They can ask who they're talking to, then just say it's a wrong number.

Dozy

Why don't you just get a friend of the opposite gender to phone the number for you on their own phone? They can ask who they're talking to, then just say it's a wrong number.

Dozy

That could be a plan but seeing as though i am sat in all on my lonesome it isn't an option!

Guess will just have to leave it!