Calling all Crafty Women in Shiregreen and S5

I'm a member of a recently formed group - Crafty Women - and we'd love anybody else who likes crafting to come and join us.

We meet at the Shiregreen Neighbourhood Centre, Westnall Road (next to Beck Road School) on Tuesday evenings between 6.00-9.00pm and Wednesdays 10.30am-2.00pm. Buses 88 and S1/S2 are a few minutes walk away.

We're not organised enough to have a tutor or anything, so you can just drop in for as long as you like, you don't have to stay for the whole session.

Subs are £1 a week, payable 4-weekly in advance (so the Treasurer doesn't have to keep going to the bank!).

At the moment, we're making a big, communal patchwork quilt and we're also making cards and jewellery for a fund raising stall at Firth Park Festival on Sunday, 24 June, 1-6pm.

We're basically going to be doing any crafts people want to have a go at and we're very informal and friendly (to say nothing of disorganised most of the time).

If you'd like more info, you can PM me or phone Sue, our leader, on 07789027512.

Dozy

Do any of you do cross stitch too? :)

Do any of you do cross stitch too? :)

Yep, cross stitch is among our multiple talents!!

We got started as a group organised by WEA to create a banner for International Women's day. Some of us did cross stitch mini-samplers as our "signatures" for the banner. Some of us are expert cross-stitchers and others just beginners. We're basically helping each other by sharing skills.

A couple of the members want to learn knitting, so we'll probably do that once Firth Park Festival is over. Anything goes, really, as long as it's creative and there's somebody who can show/teach or a book we can struggle through.

Oh, and it's NOT confined to people from S5 - I just put that in the thread title to give an idea of where we were based. Anybody is welcome to come along.

Dozy

Hello, I know this was posted some time ago but I only came across it today lol Could anyone advise if this group is still running & if so are the details above still the same?

Thank you

billiethekim

Does anyone know the date of the Firth Park Festival this year?

Hello.

I'm a quiltmaker and used to belong to Hallam quilters a good few years ago.

We used to have great trips.

I remember a lovely day out to Bath quilting museum and outings to Malvern, Seven Counties showground.

I live out of town and couldn't be an active member but would love the chance to accompany you if you were to have trips to quilt shows.

Byeee.

Carmen.

P.S. Didn't call you by your user name..................... I'm sure you're not. x

Does anyone know the date of the Park Festival this year (2011)

I'm a member of a recently formed group - Crafty Women - and we'd love anybody else who likes crafting to come and join us.

We meet at the Shiregreen Neighbourhood Centre, Westnall Road (next to Beck Road School) on Tuesday evenings between 6.00-9.00pm and Wednesdays 10.30am-2.00pm. Buses 88 and S1/S2 are a few minutes walk away.

We're not organised enough to have a tutor or anything, so you can just drop in for as long as you like, you don't have to stay for the whole session.

Subs are £1 a week, payable 4-weekly in advance (so the Treasurer doesn't have to keep going to the bank!).

At the moment, we're making a big, communal patchwork quilt and we're also making cards and jewellery for a fund raising stall at Firth Park Festival on Sunday, 24 June, 1-6pm.

We're basically going to be doing any crafts people want to have a go at and we're very informal and friendly (to say nothing of disorganised most of the time).

If you'd like more info, you can PM me or phone Sue, our leader, on 07789027512.

Dozy

i can see this post is old. Is this group still going?

i can see this post is old. Is this group still going?

Hello Phenix, Ive been informed that the Crafty Women group isn't going any more sorry. A new craft group has just started though, they meet every Wednesday 1-3pm at the same place Shiregreen Neighbourhood Centre on Westnall Road.

billiethekim

what happens in new group, where? when? how much? im looking for a craft or something just been doing a glass class, but its coming to an end although with work i can only manage fridays and weekends, maybe tuesday or wednesday night

iv just got a job so not much money in my pocket yet to afford a expensive one, but come end of next month i might so any info be greatly apprecited,

there were acceptions to costs with ppl who were unemployed in my last art - fused glass class, so if there is anything like that be helpful at the mo

glass, silver,metalwork stained glass, carpentry, quilt stitching patch work... to be fair introduce me to more art n craft stuff as i know there are so much interests out there

thank you all so much

Hello Peachums, I put a seperate post on here regarding the new group, if I remember rightly it was called "New Craft Group In Shiregreen" it shouldn't be far down the main page lol

I don't run it I only offered to put a post on here to generate more interest. I have only been the once as the last two weeks the kiddies have been off school so I haven't been able to go but fingers crossed I will be there this week.

They charge £2 a week, this covers supplies & a cuppa. I think the idea behind the group is for people to either bring a craft project they have already started & share what they are doing with the group or use the things they have to start a new one but as I said earlyer its a new group so they don't have a vast array of craft supplies just yet but they are working on it lol

What crafts are you interested in?

Kind regards

billiethekim