View Full Version : Well woman clinic

fandl
04-06-2007, 12:04
is there one in sheffield?

Plain Talker
04-06-2007, 12:59
there is a well-woman service you can access, via the NHS, at the Mulberry Street Clinic (think it's known as the Central Health Clinic, Mulberry St) which is in the city centre.
You can get advice and assistance about family planning, menopause, PMT, breast health, alternative therapies, and all sorts of information there.

Hope that helps?

fandl
04-06-2007, 13:03
thank you, my sister advised me to go to a well woman clinic as she goes to one in dorset however when i rang the central health clinic the receptionist was quite rude and said she had never heard of one and they didnt offer the services that i wanted, offering no advise. i have now been waiting to see my doctor for three weeks it is a joke!

Plain Talker
04-06-2007, 13:09
Good grief! that's so poor!

That's like phoning a library, and the person answering responding "what is this 'book' thing, of which you speak?!"

I should lodge a complaint. the clinic should at least have

a) receptionists who know how NOT to be rude to callers, and

b)receptionists who know what services the clinic offers. :roll:

fandl
04-06-2007, 13:11
yes i agree!
and if the receptionist cant help they should have put me through to someone who could!

Jeerumba
04-06-2007, 13:12
I thought doctors' receptionists are SUPPOSED to be rude. I don't think I've ever met one that wasn't. I think they get special training.

Plain Talker
04-06-2007, 13:24
I thought doctors' receptionists are SUPPOSED to be rude. I don't think I've ever met one that wasn't. I think they get special training.

No, they are rude, often, because they are allowed to be, it's not necessarily Supposed....

I have come across the rarer lesser-spotted polite receptionist (latin name "youvus gotsomehopeus" ) rather than the common receptionist, ("harridanus battleaxeus" ) occasionally.

In fact, got to say, my own doc's receptionists are pretty good. They aren't the harridans you normally come up against.

Jeerumba
04-06-2007, 13:33
Glad to hear you've met some nice ones. I'd always thought a scary, discouraging receptionist would keep the numbers down for the doctors!

I hope fandl has a better time at the WW Clinic...