Patchwork quilt!

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this part of the forum but I've looked through a few topics and this is obviously the best place to post about making a patchwork quilt.

Heh, as it suggests in the title, I want to make a patchwork quilt but I've got no idea where to start and all the sites I found on the internet seem really complicated! I only want to make something simple but ideally something I can add to over time. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Hi and welcome to the craft group :wave:

Can you not buy kits? Sorry I haven't looked into it myself but you seem to be able to get kits for most things :) Have you tried looking for beginner books?

Heh, I've not looked for kits because I already know what I want to make it out of, it sounds a bit bizarre but I want to make it out of pants :hihi: nice new clean ones, lol, but the problem is that obviously they're not a shape that slots together nicely like squares or triangles or something...so I'm thinking I might have to sew them onto a bigger square piece of material before attaching the backing...does that sound insane? :D

Actually that sounds really great :hihi: Maybe we are both insane :o:D

Hehehe maybe! I wont be working on it until July when I've moved house and 'borrowed' my mums sewing machine, but I'll try and update you with how it's going, I think I've figured out how to make it work! :crosses fingers!:

looking forward to seeing a picture of your finished object.

Happy to help when you've moved, Princess Sam. Have made several patchwork quilts and am just about to start hand quilting a machine pieced project, so anytime you want to distract me, maybe coffee and patchwork sometime?