How was your wedding day?

Howdy..

To the people who are married, what was your wedding day like, was it as they say, the best day of your life?

No complaints - we had a big party with all our mates and the family we like, lots of fun, drinking and disco dancing. What's not to like?

I think some people can ruin their day by getting too worked up about it, and going off the handle if the slightest thing goes wrong. Without wanting to belittle the very serious thing we were doing (i.e. committing to each other for life) we were determined to have a good time and certainly did.

Ours was fantastic :)

we deliberately made sure our guest had to arrive the day before, so any family friction could be ironed out beforehand rather than explode all over our wedding :suspect:

it turned out to be a good move, but not from the quarters we expected! :shocked:

we had our guests spend a couple of days here

some spent all week with us :)

I'm still waiting for her to plan it yet :)

Happened almost 24 years ago and it was perfect. We were lucky to have a lovely sunny day and it was a very simple affair. A small reception in a local village hall and then everyone back to my parents house for drinks in the garden. The cans of beer were cooled in buckets of water if I remember rightly and everyone said that it was one of the most enjoyable weddings they had ever been to .

Great, apart from me feeling sick most of the morning. The church went perfect and everyone enjoyed the evening. Me and hubby were a little drunk as we both hardly ate that day. We topped the evening off by spening the night in a lovely hotel room and remember saying to each other how well the day went and much we both enjoyed it. I was really emotional the day after though - kept crying now and again (think is was cus I was sooo happy) Did anyone (girls) feel like this the day after??

We spent all the following day and the following evening in the same hotel drinking champagne in the jacuzzi bath and flew off for our honeymoon from the hotel the following day. Oh how I wish I could do it all again.:)

I've had my small wedding already (the legal one). I was dreading it but it was very nice. My mum organised everything, it was just straight home for a lovely dinner (cooked by my Aunts, mum and grandma) with just close family (75 people).

Still have the big one to go (900 people), absolutely dreading it because the ceremony is so long. At least the civil ceremony was over with in 15 mins!

Ours was fantastic and everything I could have dreamed of. Small and initimate but with special touches like having the main men in kilts and we hired a Scottish Piper to pipe us in and out of the registry office.

I loved my wedding day - small amount of family, huge numbers of friends. (As I wanted- no family interfering it was exactly as we wanted the day)

I managed to fluff my lines in the service, managed to get the registrar to fluff her lines too to the delight of the guests, it was all a bit of a blur really.

My dress was just how I wanted it, the sun was shinning and the booze was flowing.

I danced lots, drank lots and laughed loads.

It was so much fun.

Ours was fantastic, almost 2 years ago now and I can't believe the time has gone so quickly!

We had a small ceremony with just 50 guests, the weather was amazing, we were all relaxed, the food was great and then we had another 50 or so turn up for the reception (and people still talk about our evening buffet to this day, all credit to the Holiday Inn!)

I so wish we could do it all again, I don't think I would have changed anything at all (oh, apart from the replacement DJ who was rubbish but everyone still had a boogie!)

Howdy..

To the people who are married, what was your wedding day like, was it as they say, the best day of your life?

Yes, it was absolutely the best day of my life (and hopefully my husband's!). It was the most fab day and what made it great was that I wasn't worried about and didn't really care about anything that happened or didn't happen. Just wanted to have a great party with my friends and family and celebrate marrying the love of my life!