How do you cope with work colleagues moaning?

I've really tried my best to ignore it and give all my advice etc but I work with somebody who won't stop complaining, whether it's constantly sighing/ crying or talking about just general work things that really have nothing to do with me. I'm usually really busy and whilst she is constantly whinging, it is making me late from work and other than that it really brings me down.

Does anybody else have the same kind of problem, would you consider moving because of it?

x

Just tell her to stop. I have done this in the past when somebody thinks the only topic of conversation is how miserable they are. Tell her she's stamping on your karma and to shut the hell up.

I've really tried my best to ignore it and give all my advice etc but I work with somebody who won't stop complaining, whether it's constantly sighing/ crying or talking about just general work things that really have nothing to do with me. I'm usually really busy and whilst she is constantly whinging, it is making me late from work and other than that it really brings me down.

Does anybody else have the same kind of problem, would you consider moving because of it?

x

Tell her to put up or shut the hell up & leave ....

Why do people do this ?

I've come across this before

Bladdy annoying if you ask me ....:mad:

Offer to make her a cup of tea and slip some laxatives in it.

Direct her to her line manager or personnel.

Just say that while you understand she's not happy, she needs to consider what she can DO to change matters, if she's that unhappy.

yes sunshine.. if you have a manager you can talk to, he or she will have to address this with the person involved, as it cn effect your and other peoples work load!

GOOD LUCK

Tell your manager or hers, you are not there as an agony aunt really..

Bleeding whingers :roll:

x

lol lol - i have a similar problem every day!! its so annoying - but i have learnt that all it is really is attention seeking - not been sexist here but in general girls do love the attention so i guess thats one way of seeking it! so far i have just put up with it! i think she will get over the phase (very soon i hope!) and then she will be normal!!

You are missing the skill that only men have of showing no interest in a conversation....

uh-huh, mmmmm, yeah etc.

one of my (female) colleagues just yelled 'shut up, then' at one of my other colleagues who was bemoaning her lack own lack of motivation and lifestyle choices. they are pretty good friends though, so i guess it's more acceptable to say something like that when it's to a friend.

you might want to give it a try, though :rolleyes:

I've really tried my best to ignore it and give all my advice etc but I work with somebody who won't stop complaining, whether it's constantly sighing/crying or talking about just general work things that really have nothing to do with me. I'm usually really busy and whilst she is constantly whinging, it is making me late from work and other than that it really brings me down.

x

> Does anybody else have the same kind of problem

Yes - I work in tech support so it's my job!

> Would you consider moving because of it?

Yes - I hate my job!

> How do you cope with work colleagues moaning?

Sometimes I imagine doing violence to them. Occasionally I try and exorcise my demons by writing nasty prose on my home computer (then I throw it away before anyone else can see what an unpleasant ****** I am). Sometimes I get ****** as a fart. Sometimes I go for a long walk in the country on a day when I know it's going to be quiet - Tuesdays are a good time.

The other suggestions on this thread are probably more appropriate though.

Tell her to shut her gob, and if she moans about that put laxative in her coffee, that way she`ll spend most of the day in the bog out of your way!