Vauxhall Astra Problems

Does anybody else have same problems with astra we have a 2003 1.6litre astra and engine management light keeps coming on and also losing power, if we keep taking to vauxhall dealer they say nothing wrong with it do anybody know any other garages that deal with this. please help we are going to devon at end of month

Ive Used Steadfast On Rutland Road Or Chapeltown And They Always Seem Ok.

Try taking it in to Southey Green Garage on Elm Lane just off the top of Moonshine Lane.

There is a Vauxhall logo over the door, and they always take care of my car - a Renault - with 100% care and honesty.

Try taking it in to Southey Green Garage on Elm Lane just off the top of Moonshine Lane.

Agree with Saxon51 on this one, a great garage.

:)

Why do they insist on putting electronics into motor cars?

It may be all very well in The Grand Prix, but in your average motor it is not necessary.

My electronics light comes on at a whim.

The speedo gives up after about 10 miles, and the turbo doesnt work.

If all these things had been left mechanical, then we would could fix them ourselves.

But then they would not be able to charge £75/hr would they.

Hello ! it sounds like one of two common vauxhall problems to me either idle control valve or air mass sensor,i had an astra 1.8 S reg n that did similar after about 5mins driving but if its losing power its probably the car goin into safe mode what limits everything so you cant damage it more,but if engine light is goin off when you turn off ignition then staying off when you restart car it cant be anything that serious

We had this with our old 2003 diesel 1.7 and it was solved simply by turning the engine off and letitng it rest for a few minutes then restarting it - think there is something in the car manual book that tells you the procedure for doing it.

Hello ! it sounds like one of two common vauxhall problems to me either idle control valve or air mass sensor,

My son had a air mass sensor replaced in is Corsa, I forget how much it was but it wasn’t cheap.

As somebody mentioned earlier with electrics/sensors you have to pay for a diagnostic check to find out what the problem is then the repair, not like the days when a mechanic could lift the bonnet, listen to the engine and 9 times out of 10 tell you what was wrong.

i have a vectra and have just had the same problem, the engine management light kept coming on and the engine would lower the revs and when it was out of gear would cut out. The sensor is warning you that something is not right and is lowering the revs to protect your engine, my problem was the timing belt pully, it was loose, after a new one was fitted ive not had any problem with it, my brother did mine, who is just a normal mechanic:)

The simplest and cheapest thing to check first is the air filter.

Put a new one in and see if that does anygood.

it is none of the above it is the crank sensor cost £85 to fix rac aa coundn't find this problem as there is one pin missing on the plug when they plug in the lap top . take it to neil grayson on woodseats rd near the ( sorting) postal office hope this helps

Does anybody else have same problems with astra we have a 2003 1.6litre astra and engine management light keeps coming on and also losing power, if we keep taking to vauxhall dealer they say nothing wrong with it do anybody know any other garages that deal with this. please help we are going to devon at end of month

it will lose power when the engine management light comes on as the ecu resets to a basic factory setting to help protect the engine. However when vauxhall use their tech 2 it should bring up a fault code when the em light comes on. This will tell them what part is faulting, failing that you may have a faulting ecu.