Making sun catchers

Is this possible and if so how? :)

Do you mean glass ones with 'lead' strip?

You could use some form of acetate film in different colours, for a more budget option?

I'm looking for a cheap option and preferably not glass. It is for the kids to do.

I googled 'sun catcher' for some inspiration :thumbsup:

if it's for young kids, I'd try using the lids off things like the fresh pasta sauces - round and clear and unbreakable

Designs can be applied using OHP pens or possibly permanent felt tips - regular ones will not dry properly

dangly bits can be added using bead wire or plastic thread (more difficult to tie off) with acrylic beads - preferably non-spherical ones with many flat faces to bounce the light about as it shines through

Was that the kind of thing you had in mind?

Last week, Home Bargains in Hillsborough had some kits for 99p to make window stickers - not quite the same I know, as they would stick to the window and not hang, but they let the light through in the same sort of way. The "pens" might also work on something else (like the pasta sauce lids that Strix mentioned?)

Ok we managed to make some! I printed out a picture of a butterfly because I am rubbish at drawing! I then laminated an empty laminating sheet. Traced the butterfly onto it and coloured it in using permanet colours. My daughter did one too and they look really pretty on her bedroom window! She loves it when the sun shines through and she has coloured butterflies on her carpet :)