Insects on my window sill

i keep finding little dark insects on my bathroom window sill inside about 2 to3 mm long. 3 or4 aday. how do i find out what they are and what do i do about them:help: :help:

google 'carpet beetles'...

i had them and they are evil little blighters! the larvae are nicknamed woolybears cos they are furry and eat everything wool/fur/carpety the adults are like miniature black and white ladybirds a few mm across, they lay eggs in plants and soil on warm windowsils (and other places i've not worked out yet) but the adults don't eat bad things (just plants mainly).

I hope its not them!!!!!

google 'carpet beetles'...

i had them and they are evil little blighters! the larvae are nicknamed woolybears cos they are furry and eat everything wool/fur/carpety the adults are like miniature black and white ladybirds a few mm across, they lay eggs in plants and soil on warm windowsils (and other places i've not worked out yet) but the adults don't eat bad things (just plants mainly).

I hope its not them!!!!!

Oh my god i've got these!! They're driving me mad. I don't find loads of them, but nearly every day there's at least one. They're usually on the windowsill, but i've found a couple on the bedside table too.

How do I get rid of them? I can't find any damage anywhere?

kill any that you find...

go through your wardrobe and look carefully at anything wool.... the woolybears make holes in them!!! and the woolybears are brown and furry and anything from 1mm to about 3mm long and 1mm wide...ugly lil blighters!!! Check carpets too, apparently they like to live round the edges...

the only way to tackle an infestation is to get the council in, if you are finding one or two a day then i'd get them in!

You can't buy the insecticide used in the shops :(

I went through this just over a year ago, i had no carpets and they were all in my wardrobe.. my poor wool coat :(

Oh nooo. I daren't look in my wardrobe! I'm pretty rubbish when it comes to insects and all things creepy crawly, so i'll get my husband on the case.

God knows how we've got them, we live in a new build apartment on the top floor!

Will do a sweep of the carpets tonight - is there anything I can buy to spray round the edges? Will normal insecticide work (or at least hold them off temporarily?)

Ewwwwwwww I hate insects.

i'm not sure if anything else will work, i didnt try, just sorted everything that i could, sealed the 'contaminated' stuff in bin bags and cleaned the house then got the bug men in....

i got my man to help me too, its devastating to do on your own if it is bad :cry:

i hate all bugs too!!! :gag:

I now feel very uneasy about going into my bedroom! I've had a quick look on the edges of the carpet but can't find anything... Will have a couple of glasses of wine then tackle the wardrobe...

Thanks for the info - in a way it's good to finally know what they are!

hope it isn't too bad astronaut!!!

i'm still itching just thinking about it *shudder*

I've just done the google search as you suggested, and am now regretting it!!! They look even worse when they're shown one million times their normal size!!! :gag: