Sign in to follow this  

How many of you have done this?!

The more local people that we encourage to use Sheffield Forum, the better it will become. I've created a simple form that allows you to instantly recommend this site to your friends. It only takes a matter of seconds and it's very easy.

Click this link below to get started:

[/siz]

Thanks in advance!

Geoff

According to my very basic records only a handful of people have actually bothered clicking the link above and recommending this site :(

Why aren't people interested in helping? A lot of you seem to enjoy using this site, and surely you must know someone else in Sheffield that might also like it?! It only takes 10 seconds and it would really help.

i prefer doing it manually geoff ;)

Yes, thank you RPG - that of course is one explanation. However, when I look at the sheer number of people using (or reading) the site, I can't believe everyone is doing it manually?

If you have read the articles in the Star and Telegraph, then you will see this site has no backing, and therefore I need all of your support to help "spread the word".

You can be sure I will continue to recommend this site Geoff, I have already given the address to some of my friend's. It is much better than the stupid chat room's,I have visited best of luck with your endeavor. :P:?

Geoff - I've spread the word 'manually' about the site too, and will be happy to advertise further if you remove the ability to log on as 'Guest'. The posts made by 'Guest' are often unconstructive and you can't follow a conversation thread when everyone's called the same name! It's spoiling an excellent website.

i was thinking about that the other day, i was talking to a "guest" and it turned out being 2 people :lol:

how about leaving "guest viewing" on but disabling "guest posting"?

Certainly allow guests to view the site :) No-one would register otherwise! I hope the guests posting constructive comments would understand the importance of registering - I don't think too many people would be put off if the registration process is simple enough (I have a short memory - I can't remember how simple it was but I don't recall it being too complex...)

Last two comments sound like a good idea. The rate that these guests are reproducing means it does get a little confusing. It would tempt them to register if thats the only way they can add comments. Am also just about to recomend site to some lucky person, hmm, who shall it be.......

This link was before my time.....is it still around?

Might be worth doing again. Alternatively, what about a button or something that webmasters can insert in to their web sites?

Joe