Please help someone - answer their message!

ive taken heed of this and replied to this unanswered topic :lol:

lol, as well as 3 others :D

I put up a subject, for my own market research really, thought it might get replies, funny as it had about 400 reads or something, but no replies. I tried to delete it in the end, decided it wasn't working and maybe someone would 'steal' the idea I was aking about. Oh dear, the paranoia.

Originally posted by Geoff

There are many messages on SheffieldForum that have had no replies. You can quickly and easily view all the "unreplied messages" by clicking this link: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/search.php?search_id=unanswered

So, please go ahead and reply to those poor people without replies!

unable to use link, do i need to put in a search word or option as it just seems to take me to the search page. cheers.

Good point!

I've just tried the same and it asks for search criteria. I have a feeling that since the original posting was made back in 2003 the serch engine on the site has been modified.

Joe

lol, i wouldn't be surprised.... didn't notice the date. funny i don't know how i came across this message thread then. seemed like a good idea and was going to have a look through to see if i could help anyone out.

It must be soul destroying to go to all the trouble of posting an intelligent and well-thought out message on the forum and find either no-one replies or they wait ages before adding to your thread, by which time you've long since given up watching the thread.

I went through a stage of really worrying about it if nobody responded to my threads. Now I don't worry. If nobody responds the topic has not struck a chord with anyone, so just try something else.

I find it fascinating to see how many more people look at a thread than there are posts, sometimes a difference of thousands.

Nothing like resurrecting a 3 1/2 year old thread!!

Well, why not?

Think how many people who have joined since this thread was started.

In fact, when it goes a bit quiet, perhaps it might be fun to resurrect some of the more interesting old threads, to see if opinions have changed or to have new input.

I've been starting to get worried about something else; I have the ability to kill threads, it's brilliant and scary at the same time, I don't do it on purpose but people often stop replying after I post something.

NB. I apologise if I've frozen one of your threads, I'm sure it was very interesting and I wish I could bring it back! :'(

i've been starting to get worried about something else; i have the ability to kill threads, it's brilliant and scary at the same time, i don't do it on purpose but people often stop replying after i post something.

Nb. I apologise if i've frozen one of your threads, i'm sure it was very interesting and i wish i could bring it back! :'(

the truth is out there! Lol