Do men have Engagement Rings?

As the title says... Do men have engagement rings aswell as the women and if so where do you get them from? I have never seen them before and never heard of a man having one?

I am just curious as to what happens when a woman does the proposing etc.

I got my hubby a chunky titanium ring to celebrate our engagement.

He wore it till our wedding :love:

Now I wear it on my thumb as its cool x

Yes they are called shackles.

It is customary for the bloke to buy the girl a ring, and for the girl to buy the bloke a Ferrari of some kind .......................... honest it is.

You didn't know this did you, otherwise you wouldn't have asked. :)

My husband got a new golf club as an engagement present.

My husband got a new golf club as an engagement present.

You mean you hadn't heard of the Ferrari commitment either? :o

my guy gave me an engagement ring when he proposed, and i didn't have another ring as a wedding ring because i don't like to wear too much jewellery (although i've demanded a new ring for a 10th wedding anniversary). upon getting engaged we went and bought him an engagement ring, too - he wore it until the wedding, was then presented with it, and now wears it as a wedding ring. like olliek's guy, my guy chose a titanium one.

since an engagement ring represents that the wearer is no longer available (amoungst other things), i thought it was only fair that if i was wearing one, then my bloke should too. thankfully he agreed.

You mean you hadn't heard of the Ferrari commitment either? :o

No he need never know :hihi: .

Im living with my other half and were classed as engaged by her family and our friends because we`re planning to get married.

One day...

One day in the far distant future if I have my way...

Anyway, I have an engagement ring, its a Titanuim one because I cant wear gold for any length of time without it trying to rot my finger off. So yeah, men wear engagement rings.

Thanks for all your replies!

I am taking a long think and doing my research about the Ferrari comment before i believe it :hihi:

Thanks for all your replies!

I am taking a long think and doing my research about the Ferrari comment before i believe it :hihi:

The ferrari commitment basically means that if he thinks he's getting a ferrari he needs commiting to a hospital. :hihi: