Keep the kids busy (ideas)

With it being the easter break, I thought a thread with ideas in for kids would be a good idea.

Here are lots of ideas from Hobbycraft Link the thing with these ideas, you can just pop along to Hobbycraft and they should have everything you require to create each idea, no searching Sheffield for sparkly bits! :lol:

Here are lots of Easter Ideas from Craftster.org link

I'll add more as I come across them :) do you have some good links/ideas?

HERE is good for kids stuff :)

1 Idea for an anytime project for children of all ages. Cut out door hanger shapes out of fun foam . Get fun foam alphabet and variety of puches and stickers. For younger children you put their name on in fun foam alphabet and let them decorate the rest, for older children you can use a variety of alphabet stickers dome stickers also work quite well

2 Make accordian books for your children. I cover squares of chipboard (not the stuff from B&Q , available from alot of craft shops) with r patterned paper then fold a strip of plain or patterned paper into an accordian and attach the covered chipboard covers..You can attach a peice of ribbon or twine between the backboard and the folded paper and then the book can be tied shut with a bow.

The children can then write a story if they are older. or draw pictures on the pages. They can decorate the fronts with punchies or stickers or a drawing. You can attach a peice of ribbon or twine between the backboard and the folded paper and then the book can be tied shut with a bow.

You can also use stamped images on each page and ask the children what they think the story is about and write down their answers on the relevant page. This is a great way to remember those precious childhood moments

3 For older children buy them a 6 by 6 scrapbook and let them create their own history book. They can keep pics of their family and friends and what they want to do when they grow up. Children like the opportunity to make their own records of their lives . Great to share if you both do a scrapbook at the same time.

4 Idea I had for a friend whos just had a new baby and has a three year old daughter who was a tiny touch jelous. I made her one of the chipboard accordian books and put the title Me and my baby brother on it and we told her that she could have pictures in it and Mummy would help her write about herself and her little brother anything that she wanted so that when her brother was older he could see how special his big sister was.

She could nt wait to start it and said the 1st thing she wanted to write is "I love Callum, hes my little brother, and I have to look after him"

5 You could also get them printing with poster paints or acrylic pauints and fun foam shapes and an acrylic block. Using a pritt stick you attach the fun foam shapes to an acrylic block. Then just treat them the same as potato printing. You can put more than one shape on the block at the same time and paint them different colours to create a repeating pattern