Easter Monday walk - Loxley Valley.

A gentle stroll through the Loxley Valley has been arranged for Easter Monday.Walkers are asked to meet at the tram terminus in Malin Bridge at 10.30.For tram/bus times I'd suggest ringing the travel operator.(Bank holiday services will be different to regular services.)

Depending on the weather,we may stop at the Nag's Head in Loxley or continue to Lower Bradfield ( fab coffee and cakes in the tea shop,there..) where we can catch the bus back to Sheffield.Or,maybe sandwiches and a flask are in order.

This walk takes us past Damflask Reservoir and through one of Sheffield's most interesting valleys.STEEPED in history.

If you'd like to read up about the Sheffield Flood,you'll find some info and pics here:-

http://mick-armitage.staff.shef.ac.uk/sheffield/photogal/picflud1.html

If I've missed out any details of the walk,please feel free to chip in.

Hope you can come along.:thumbsup::)

This was a good walk last time, put my name down, I`ll be there hopefully.Fingers crossed that its nice weather again.

Hey I'll be there !

Supertram site says that the Tram service will be Sunday service and a replacement bus service will operate between spring lane and gleadless townend until noon :)

See you on Monday (and the Thursday and Sunday beforehand !) :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if the Plough at Bradfield is open? Last time we walked up there, it was all shut up. :confused: Hopefully that was a one-off!

Itisnow! - there's also a cafe inside the Rhinegold garden centre across from the Nags Head, so if the pub's busy, that could be worth thinking about!

Feargal - my neighbour went in the Rhinegold cafe last week - she said it was really good.So, yep- another potential stop off.:)

I hope to be joining you for this one, unless ive eaten too much chocolate and made myself sick! :hihi:

The Plough at Low Bradfield is open 12 'til 12 on Easter Monday.The landlord (just had a chat with him on the phone) says he'll make sure he gets in a supply of marshmallows for the coffee.YAY!:thumbsup:

Does anyone know if the Plough at Bradfield is open? Last time we walked up there, it was all shut up. :confused: Hopefully that was a one-off!

It has now been taken over by the landlords of the Nags head, they have been refurbishing the kitchen, but last time I spoke to one of them he said they should be up and running after Easter.

I will be coming on this one - subject to having any energy left after the Rivilin walk! I've just got back from a day out in Cleethorpes where the whole world’s population appears to be queueing up outside the local fish and chip shops. In the end gave up and came home promising myself supper from the chippy at manor top instead.

Maggie and I will be joining you too, ooh, cant wait. We had a rite good giggle the last walk we did. Looking forward to seeing you all. T.D.P

Cool :thumbsup: What does T.D.P stand for :confused: