Wedding day nerves

Hi everyone.

As my big day is getting closer and closer I just wondered If anyone had any tips for me and anyone else getting married soon on how to deal with nerves/stress on the run up to the wedding?

Any advice is welcome, other than glasses of red wine im struggling to think of things! :hihi:

The picture of the cat in my avator is how stressed I get! lol.

Any advice is welcome, other than glasses of red wine im struggling to think of things! :hihi:

Red wine + nervous shakey hand + lovely white dress = DISASTER!!!!!

Red wine + nervous shakey hand + lovely white dress = DISASTER!!!!!

Never thought of that! Oh well I suppose I will have to drink something clear then so If I spill it I wont ruin my dress................I knew I would find an excuse to drink champagne all night! :)

I think it's really important to make some relaxation time integral to your planning- and I don't mean of the boozy variety!

Although the run up to the big day are likely to be busy, if you're careful there will be time to schedule in a trip to the gym, or a walk, or time to go to the cinema, visit friends or family, or whatever else you find a good wind down- and it's really important that it's something that occupies your brain and is entirely unrelated to weddings.

Your skin and hair also need some visits to spas, chillout time in the bath and lots of time watching crappy movies whilst wearing face and hair packs (that was as much of an excuse as I needed, to be honest!).

It's also really easy in the busy and stressed period to miss meals or eat badly- but that's bad in more ways than one. Not only would it be good to feel good on the big day, but it would be grand not to wake up on the day with zits from junkfood consumption.

When I woke on my wedding morning I felt very, very sick. I took some calms and had a nice cuppa in a nice hot bath which totally relaxed me.

you woke on your wedding morning? :o

I was awake most of the night... not nerves for the actual marriage more because i'd arranged the whole thing myself (inc flowers table decs etc) and hoped we'd get it all finished in time to actally get married!!! It was a close call in the end and at least 4 guests saw me running round in jeans and jumper before the wedding!

I ended up getting up at about 6.30am and taking my camera for a walk - it was a fantastic frosty november morning in the peak dist! it helped lots, I follwed that with a nice full cooked breakfast and a few deep breaths!

Well I did have quite a few beers the night before with the ladies. I went to bed around 1am and woke about 6. I had around 5 hours sleep. It was great though to wake and have to do nothing. I did not get married till 4 so I had the full day to get ready. I had Polly Jensen come do my hair and make-up which was so nice. Can you believe I was ready for 3.30 and waiting for my dad to finish getting ready!!! not him waiting for me. He was last in the bathroom though.:hihi:

I'll admit to a drinky or three the night before too (and if you know me you know thats enough to leave me on the floor... twice!)

I got married at 12.30, my poor mum was the one doing all the work, table setting, extra place cards for people we'd forgotten :blush: and ended up getting dressed at about 12.25! the bridesmaids and I cut it fine, being completely ready at 12.35 ;););) I didn't even realise how late i was :hihi:

I was approx 15 mins late due to my dad getting ready :hihi:

Hubby started getting scared when I was only 5 mins late and started to pace the church.

Its our first anniversary next month and I have to say it has flown. Cant believe I have been married nearly a year :o

my hubby was more scared when the best man didn't turn up!!!

h'ed got veryvery drunk in york the day before, gone home to london that night and had to get back up the derbyshire on the day.. :roll: fool!!!

i'm not sure i will be able to get much sleep the night before either! In my madness I have decided to do the flowers, decorate the reception, decorate the cake and make some of the cold food! Im planning to do all this the night before and the morning of the wedding.....:loopy::help::rolleyes:

thats about what i did Monks... it does at least give you something to do to keep you busy, better then sitting there getting scared!!!

its great when it all comes together though :D