View Full Version : Who can we trust?

mikey10
27-03-2007, 15:33
With dodgy politicians, bent coppers, incompetent judges, cheating sportspeople, fidddling banks, barmy religious leader and Big Brother local councils is there anybody we can trust? Who would you trust, apart from family and friends?

baileys_mum
27-03-2007, 15:34
Trust family and friends? Heck, I don't even trust myself :hihi:

Kamble
27-03-2007, 15:41
Your questionable attitude has been duly noted and the appropriate authorities informed, mikey10.

mikey10
27-03-2007, 15:42
Trust family and friends? Heck, I don't even trust myself :hihi:
I agree i dont trust my family either!

BasilRathbon
27-03-2007, 15:43
How about the Green Cross Code Man? He always used to say "Remember - I won't be there when you cross the road" and amazingly he never was! Now there was a man you could take at his word......

mikey10
27-03-2007, 15:43
Your questionable attitude has been duly noted and the appropriate authorities informed, mikey10.
trust me to put my foot in it!

mikey10
27-03-2007, 15:44
How about the Green Cross Code Man? He always used to say "Remember - I won't be there when you cross the road" and amazingly he never was! Now there was a man you could take at his word......

ha ha, your wrong because he was really darth vader in Star Wars!!!

slimsid2000
27-03-2007, 16:01
With dodgy politicians, bent coppers, incompetent judges, cheating sportspeople, fidddling banks, barmy religious leader and Big Brother local councils is there anybody we can trust? Who would you trust, apart from family and friends?

The Queen?

Oh dear Mikey, it does rather seem you are up a certain creek sans a particular rowing implement.:hihi:

hazel
27-03-2007, 16:03
Myself.
I realised this early on in life, you have to be prepared to stand on your own, and then no one lets you down.

hazel

ukstudent
27-03-2007, 19:39
except close friends and my mum - no one

tom3t0
27-03-2007, 19:40

drug dealers and murderers

tom3t0
27-03-2007, 19:41
and the mentally insane

_Kirsty_
27-03-2007, 19:58
Trust No One

rubydazzler
27-03-2007, 20:01
You can't trust anyone ... especially don't trust anyone who says "You know you can trust me" :suspect:

Halibut
27-03-2007, 20:02
What a bunch of paranoid people you lot are....how sad.

Bonny
27-03-2007, 20:03
With dodgy politicians, bent coppers, incompetent judges, cheating sportspeople, fidddling banks, disloyal friends, gossiping workmates, unfaithful partners, two-faced family,barmy religious leader and Big Brother local councils is there anybody we can trust?

Hell, I don't even trust myself :suspect:

_Kirsty_
27-03-2007, 20:04
You can't trust anyone ... especially don't trust anyone who says "You know you can trust me" :suspect:

Thats exactly how I see it. Been let down waaaay too many times by those I thought I could trust. Wont let it happen again.

katy1981
27-03-2007, 20:23
i ALWAYS give people the benefit of the doubt in every circumstance

a very dear and close freind once said to me,

" cr@p on me once shame on you, cr@p on me twice shame on me. "

rubydazzler
27-03-2007, 20:25
Thats exactly how I see it. Been let down waaaay too many times by those I thought I could trust. Wont let it happen again.

I don't want to depress you K, but experience tells me you will! Genuine and open people like us always trust the wrong people and they always let you down :(

You'll have got over the first time and forgotten about it and let your guard down ... and then WHAM! toooo late! Whoops, it's happened again.

katy1981
27-03-2007, 20:28
wow! thats depressing ruby :(

but i will always trust people and take them as i find them if i get hurt so be it and i have been sooooooo many times before now from friends and family the only thing i can do is learn what i can from it and try to move on from it :) :thumbsup:

pattricia
27-03-2007, 20:29
I don't want to depress you K, but experience tells me you will! Genuine and open people like us always trust the wrong people and they always let you down :(

You'll have got over the first time and forgotten about it and let your guard down ... and then WHAM! toooo late! Whoops, it's happened again.

Dont let it then Ruby.Give em the once over, and if they dont come up to scratch, give em the boot. :cool:

rubydazzler
27-03-2007, 20:36
Dont let it then Ruby.Give em the once over, and if they dont come up to scratch, give em the boot. :cool:

Women can be the worse! Pretend to be mates and then use everything they find out about you, against you ... have you never had that happen?

It's a bit like Billy Bragg said about NuLabour, that you expect to be shafted by the Tories ... you almost expect to be let down by men but you don't expect it from your own :D

Don_Kiddick
27-03-2007, 20:38
ha ha, your wrong because he was really darth vader in Star Wars!!!

Impressive!

Most impressive...

pattricia
27-03-2007, 20:41
Women can be the worse! Pretend to be mates and then use everything they find out about you, against you ... have you never had that happen?

It's a bit like Billy Bragg said about NuLabour, that you expect to be shafted by the Tories ... you almost expect to be let down by men but you don't expect it from your own :D

Funnily enough I find sisters the worst people for trusting. Maybe it sibling rivalry, as Ive never know brothers to be like this. :suspect:

Funky_Gibbon
27-03-2007, 20:46

You forgot the mention unscrupulous, dodgy, lying media correspondants and journalists who stereotype, generalise, exaggerate and spin every story they write to create the most negative story possible in an attempt to sell their newspapers and entertain their viewers.

Of course without them you wouldn't think all of the above we're so bad...

Hmm... I think I'm onto something here.

pattricia
27-03-2007, 20:55
You forgot the mention unscrupulous, dodgy, lying media correspondants and journalists who stereotype, generalise, exaggerate and spin every story they write to create the most negative story possible in an attempt to sell their newspapers and entertain their viewers.

Id love to study your post but cant take my eyes off your avatar. :D

Bonny
27-03-2007, 21:02
When friends let you down, that's when it really hurts :(

mikey10
27-03-2007, 21:13
drug dealers and murderers

hang on i said you cant trust the police or politicians!

mikey10
27-03-2007, 21:15

the odious kelvin mckensie now i dont trust that tit!

mikey10
27-03-2007, 21:18
The Queen?

Oh dear Mikey, it does rather seem you are up a certain creek sans a particular rowing implement.:hihi:

what elton john, i wunt trust him/her!

tom3t0
27-03-2007, 21:18
hang on i said you cant trust the police or politicians!

i was on about the good people who are detained :hihi:

tom3t0
27-03-2007, 21:19
Funnily enough I find sisters the worst people for trusting. Maybe it sibling rivalry, as Ive never know brothers to be like this. :suspect:

this is so true of my full sister, shes a lying thieving violently aggressive piece of $$^^ that must owe me about 3000

Don_Kiddick
27-03-2007, 21:21
this is so true of my full sister, shes a lying thieving violently aggressive piece of $$^^

:love: introduce me :love:

tom3t0
27-03-2007, 21:22
:love: introduce me :love:

ill swap her for a pint

Don_Kiddick
27-03-2007, 21:23
I'm just pulling one now....

IDSFLK
27-03-2007, 21:27
When friends let you down, that's when it really hurts :(

yes. Especially boyfriends. :(

I don't feel I can really trust anyone now.

_Kirsty_
28-03-2007, 07:31
Thats true Ruby, I can see what your saying.

I probably will trust again... I guess theres only 1 way to find out... because if you dont trust- it can lead to missing out on alot of things in both friendships and relationships.

haddockman
28-03-2007, 11:20
Trust Nobody!!! :p

_Kirsty_
28-03-2007, 11:22
Trust Nobody!!! :p
oi! You can trust me :hihi: :D

Roop
28-03-2007, 11:46
I judge people by their actions... Stick by me and im there for them too.

Id like to think i was trustworthy. Everyone makes mistakes, but its the intent behind them that counts.

I have 3 old friends whom I know I can trust to be there if I need them. We have travelled up and down the country for each other when called for. When I was having a bad time they all came up and took me out. Bless em.

But we all have our own faults being able to admit them goes a long way in my book.

CHOIRBOY
28-03-2007, 11:55
Trust is something that is built up during a relationship. I trust my family, my doctor and my local clergy. What do you want to trust to other people, personal secrets, keeping of promises. being faithful or what?

SleepyHead
28-03-2007, 12:22
I think the salient question is "Trust to do /what/?".

I trust:

My partner not to dump me;
My climbing partner not to drop me;
My family to support me;
&c., &c.

Of course sometimes they let me down, but I tend to think it's important not to get completely Cartesian about being let down - just because your trust is sometimes misplaced doesn't mean it's /always/ misplaced.

Hodge
28-03-2007, 12:26
I trust the government to make bad policies, the police to make bad decisions, and the masses to be apathetic about both.

mikey10
28-03-2007, 21:39
I trust the government to make bad policies, the police to make bad decisions, and the masses to be apathetic about both.

very profound hodgemeister.

esme
28-03-2007, 22:41
I'll trust you if you'll trust me, but the first time you abuse that trust you'll lose my trust forever and I will subsequently treat you as an adversary and not a friend

basically this is a game theory strategy called "tit for tat"

and using it we can trust each other

and then we can deal with the ones we can't trust because they'll be standing alone and be outnumbered by us so they'll have to play to our rules and not their own

all we have to do is trust each other

mikey10
30-03-2007, 15:00
I'll trust you if you'll trust me, but the first time you abuse that trust you'll lose my trust forever and I will subsequently treat you as an adversary and not a friend

basically this is a game theory strategy called "tit for tat"

and using it we can trust each other

and then we can deal with the ones we can't trust because they'll be standing alone and be outnumbered by us so they'll have to play to our rules and not their own

all we have to do is trust each other

trust you to come up with that:confused:

Fareast
30-03-2007, 15:08
You can trust Gordon Brown. When he says that billions more will be poured into public services, you can rest assured, he REALLY means it.

As for who will pay for it all or whether the billions will make any difference, you have to ask Tony about that. Now there IS a man you can trust implicitly !

shoeshine
30-03-2007, 15:34
You can trust Gordon Brown. When he says that billions more will be poured into public services, you can rest assured, he REALLY means it.

As for who will pay for it all or whether the billions will make any difference, you have to ask Tony about that. Now there IS a man you can trust implicitly !

"Nurse, how long has Mr. Fareast been having this delusional behaviour?"

"Doctor, he started talking like this last night."