Short walk Thurs 29th 6pm Endcliffe Park

A shortish walk will be held as a taster for others to be held hopefully every week midweek during the summer months.

Lots of people have enquired recently about short walks, walks for people who have walking difficulties and indeed walks for slow walkers, so here`s the regular Forum Walkers response. A short walk or even amble from Endcliffe park, through the Porter Valley. The length of the walk can be as long as people want it to be, from a mile to three miles, depending when people want to turn back.

Can everyone bear in mind, for health reasons, that it might be cold as the sun disappears so warm clothing is a must! (Am I getting all motherly in my old age?)

Also, a pub meet for an hour at the end of the walk might be a nice idea too. Anybody got any suggestions where?

Can't make this one as I have already made arrangements to go out for a meal. It's my birthday you know:banana:

I'm in,scubz.The Porter Cottage on Sharrow Vale Road isn't too far from Hunter's Bar roundabout.

With any luck I should be able to make this one- dependent on how long it takes my man to get from work.

Sounds like a cool walk. See you Thursday :thumbsup:

Oh dear, rain and more rain forecast for Thursday, lets hope it by-passes the Porter Valley between 6 and 7.30 pm

I think I can make this one as well - hope to see you all there

Well, I'm going to be the first one to admit being a fair weather walker!

Bearing in mind that I'll already have got soaked walking pooches and got clean and dry again at 4pm, I don't really relish the thought of getting soggy again, so I'm voting to just go to the pub instead- sorry folks.

Bearing in mind that I'll already have got soaked walking pooches and got clean and dry again at 4pm, I don't really relish the thought of getting soggy again, so I'm voting to just go to the pub instead- sorry folks.

Gonna stop raining and the sun`ll be out later! Well, the rains forecast to stop at least (or is this just misguided optimism?)

Glad you`re going to make the pub at least. Make sure you get the right one, Porter Cottage on Sharrowvale. We`ll be there 7.45-8.00 I would think

I'll be the second! I'm not risking getting my tafetta walking trousers and hand-embroidered boots soggy today I'm afraid!

Enjoy the stroll/pub combo ;)

An excellent evening out enjoyed by all who turned up, including a couple of groupie-types who came afterwards for the apres-marche bevvies at the Porter Cottage.

The rain ceased in time for us, and it was a lovely fine evening for walking from Endcliffe Park all the way to Forge Dam and back down the opposite path, if anyone knows it. Although it was getting dark by the time we returned, this added to the atmosphere of the occasion I think. A big welcome to the group to newbie Rapunzel. Sorry I didnt realise what gender you were from your name, fairies are not normally my scene I`m sorry to say! Hope you`re not aching too much after tonights exertions!

The walk lasted about 1hr 40 mins, and covered @ 4 miles at a pretty slow pace, enabling us to make frequent stops to look amongst other things at grey wagtails, wrens, moorhens, dunnocks and lots of fauna pointed out to us by our own Bill Oddie, alias Mr Taxman!

Hopefully this walk will be just one of many Thursday night walks held during the summer months.

Certainly was a fab walk - quite warm really and some people were stripping whilst on the move :P

The Birds were fab and the other birds that were jogging were even fabber :love: Definitely gonna take my camera in the summer and get snaps of both varieties :)

Rain held off until after the walk and had nice walk back to trams in the drizzle:)

Hope theres another walk next week - what with having Thursday afternoon off work and Friday - Monday off :thumbsup: