View Full Version : Where to buy conkers?

tinkabel
22-03-2007, 22:53
Spiders are here already and i heard they keep them at bay, where can i get some please? Willing to pay :|

Luv
A very desperate, nervous, scared Tinx x

muckynees
22-03-2007, 22:58
:hihi: i am intrigued tinx, how do they keep spiders at bay?
funny thing is i found one in one of my winter handbags yesterday and it was mouldy as mouldy can be urgh!:gag:

LaceCurtains
22-03-2007, 23:03
Spiders are here already and i heard they keep them at bay, where can i get some please? Willing to pay

Unfortunately I don't think they keep so you will have to wait until autumn and knock some off the trees with a stick! What about a spider-catcher. My daughter's partner bought her one for Christmas. They work well and they don't hurt the spiders either - you can just pop them outside.:thumbsup:

medusa
22-03-2007, 23:11
I'm afraid that putting spiders outside will kill them anyway, since house spiders only live inside.

tinkabel
22-03-2007, 23:14
Unfortunately I don't think they keep so you will have to wait until autumn and knock some off the trees with a stick! What about a spider-catcher. My daughter's partner bought her one for Christmas. They work well and they don't hurt the spiders either - you can just pop them outside.:thumbsup:

I just honestly can't bring myself to go near them, i am such a big baby :( petrified of them, the one that dared enter my house is now under my Next catalogue and will remain there until OH comes Saturday to move it.

tinkabel
22-03-2007, 23:15
:hihi: i am intrigued tinx, how do they keep spiders at bay?
funny thing is i found one in one of my winter handbags yesterday and it was mouldy as mouldy can be urgh!:gag:

They don't like the smell apparently :huh: I got told spiders only came to a clean house, perhaps i shall go on strike and never do housework again, hopefully that will work :suspect: :help:

muckynees
22-03-2007, 23:16
that must be why i dont see many in our then! really!

LaceCurtains
22-03-2007, 23:31
I'm afraid that putting spiders outside will kill them anyway, since house spiders only live inside.

Well they say you learn something every day, never heard of that before. Still. I'm sure that once they've been chucked out they will quickly run next door to the neighbour's house!

Don_Kiddick
23-03-2007, 07:39
Did you know that over your lifetime you eat something like a pound of spiders in your sleep?

They just crawl in your mouth in the night & you go "hmna hmna hmna" & they're gone.

Bad news for vegans :D

rubydazzler
23-03-2007, 07:43
You can buy a spray made from horse chestnut extract, called No More Spiders ... you spray it around and they all run next door .. or something :suspect:

It doesn't kill them or anything just makes your house an unpleasant place for them. It's unlucky to kill spinders ...

"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive" (old saying)

feargal
23-03-2007, 08:29
I've had conkers in my house, and I think it worked over the autumn (less spiders than usual), but the magic must be wearing off now, because I got up the other day to find a spider perched happily on top of the kitchen conker. :(

feargal
23-03-2007, 08:31
Did you know that over your lifetime you eat something like a pound of spiders in your sleep?

They just crawl in your mouth in the night & you go "hmna hmna hmna" & they're gone.

Hmmm, I thought it was supposed to be 3 spiders a year, and a pound of lipstick over your lifetime. So that's why you get through so many tubes of "flamingo shimmer" lip gloss, eh Don? ;)

Don_Kiddick
23-03-2007, 08:41
Gosh darnit - my secrets out :blush:

tinkabel
23-03-2007, 13:10

Why you evil evil person :nono: i'll never be able to sleep again :hihi:

tinkabel
23-03-2007, 13:12
You can buy a spray made from horse chestnut extract, called No More Spiders ... you spray it around and they all run next door .. or something :suspect:

It doesn't kill them or anything just makes your house an unpleasant place for them. It's unlucky to kill spinders ...

"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive" (old saying)

Thanks Ruby, i'll google it now and order some! It's more unlucky for the spiders to venture into my house than it is for me to kill them :hihi: like Medusa said, they can't survive outside anyway and there is noooo way they are staying in my house!!

Don_Kiddick
23-03-2007, 13:22
Why you evil evil person :nono: i'll never be able to sleep again :hihi:

Well while you're up, put the kettle on :thumbsup: :D