Sign in to follow this  

Red Dwarf

Just wondered if anyone had heard when the Red Dwarf movie was coming out or even whether it still is. The repeats on TV recently reminded me im sure they said they were making it into a movie.

Apparently filming is scheduled for september this year. They have a website (http://www.reddwarf.co.uk) but its not very extensive.

Personally I think they should have packed the whole thing in after series 2-3, but i guess if you are travelling on the gravy train you don't yank the red handle do you?;)

Edd

[RPG - Fixed URL]

I disagree. Some of the best episodes came after series 3.

I didnt really get into it til quite late on so i still havent seen all the episodes. Im trying to download them off ...oops.. sorry RPG I mean im trying to catch up with all the ones i missed and i havent seen a bad one yet! Apart from monty python its one of the funniest series BBC have had.

I cant see there being much interest in the film though. Theres been too much of a gap between the program and the film. Ill obviously see it but i dont know anyone else who likes it!

Series 4 and 6 were top notch entertainment. Anyone who fails to laugh at Duane Dibley needs their head removed from their bottom.

[edited for sweary words by me]

Originally posted by kittykat

Im trying to download them off ...oops.. sorry RPG I mean im trying to catch up with all the ones i missed and i havent seen a bad one yet!

:D;)

i dont mind you discussing what you download, just dont mention where to get em ;)

may i recomend the DVDs of S1 and S2, as the extras are quite spectacular and warrent the purchase :D

ill bear that in mind next time i come into some money - thanks.

Only prob is i only have a lappy and a PC that play DVDs. Is the quality any good ? Is it better than when you just watch a downloaded good quality program? I havent got any DVDs to test with you see.

it'll be better than the downloaded quality, unless the downloads you are getting are off RIPS of the DVD, but as S3-8 havent been made into DVDs yet ;)

I showed a location scout round a venue not too far from here. She was convinced that it was the right place to film a large part of the movie, and told me that filming would start in less than six months.

That was two years ago! Still no sign .... :(

Originally posted by kittykat

I cant see there being much interest in the film though. Theres been too much of a gap between the program and the film. Ill obviously see it but i dont know anyone else who likes it!

True, general interest will have gone a long time ago, and it's just the fans of the show who will wait for it to come out now.

Still, I will be there for when it opens, yes I say when as I belive it will arrive one day!

Originally posted by MrHelicopter

I showed a location scout round a venue not too far from here. She was convinced that it was the right place to film a large part of the movie, and told me that filming would start in less than six months.

That was two years ago! Still no sign .... :(

That was Chris Barries fault :lol:

he landed a role in Tomb Raider 2, so had to quit filming and pre-pro.

filming starts may :thumbsup:

What was the location Mr H?