Anyone Interested In Making A film..?

Would there be any amongst us all who can make a film based in Sheffield. Looking for Ideas and locaiotns and moods to recreate Sheffield. WANTED - People fomr all areas.. what we start out as fun could turn into something we can all be proud of. Its just an idead but it could work - and it could be fun. Ideas - Equipment.

It struck me the other day when I was watching directors of other such classics that it really is easy when you have an idea to turn it into something that all can appreciate..

What Do you think....

Threads 2?

First I'd say you need a good script before embarking on making of a film. What sort of film would you be interested in making?

Do you have a budget or are you just gonna wing it. I'm in the middle of writing a script at them moment, but it IS top secret and probably would be better off in a more renoun city such a Manchester or London.

I agree with DaBouncer, if a film is to be any good then first you need a great script, if you don't have that then you have nothing. If you are interesting in screenwriting, take a look at the book Story by Robert McKee (which was lampooned in the film Adaptation).

I am also writing a film script (larval stage atm) for a SF film set in near future sheffield. Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire are mostly underwater and Sheffield is a waterfront city.

I had a similar idea some time ago when I was into the Visual Graphics side of things on the PC, had all the software for it too like Adobe Premier and Combustion.......the idea I had was to make an existing book into a movie using some locations in Sheffield, I was thinking of a Discworld book (Terry Pratchett) being made into a film as I know that Terry Pratchett loves to see films that fans have made, and one perfect location is that weird church near Sharrow, I think it's Cemetary Road church, has weird shaped doorways and a spooky looking derelict building, very scary place.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Do you have a bidget or are you just gonna wing it. I'm in the middle of writing a script at them moment, but it IS top secret and probably would be better off in a more renoun city such a Manchester or London.

What better way to help increase a city's renoundedness than make a film in it? :D

(nb., is renoundedness a word??)

ooooh i would love to make a film as long as i can have the main part and the main part is a glamourous young woman. If filming was scheduled round me id work for free too.

Lets film it in a nice leafy suburb like ecclesall - maybe it could be a murder mystery

Originally posted by kittykat

ooooh i would love to make a film as long as i can have the main part and the main part is a glamourous young woman. If filming was scheduled round me id work for free too.

Lets film it in a nice leafy suburb like ecclesall - maybe it could be a murder mystery

(in best Dick Emery Voice)

Ooooh you are awful!!

or how about a disaster movie....set in S10. A jumbo jet loaded with nuclear waste crashes in Endcliffe Park and T020 is called up to clean it up and still be home in time for sunday tea and cakes...

Originally posted by Dronfeldian

Would there be any amongst us all who can make a film based in Sheffield. Looking for Ideas and locaiotns and moods to recreate Sheffield. WANTED - People fomr all areas.. what we start out as fun could turn into something we can all be proud of. Its just an idead but it could work - and it could be fun. Ideas - Equipment.

It struck me the other day when I was watching directors of other such classics that it really is easy when you have an idea to turn it into something that all can appreciate..

What Do you think....

Get some (semi-prof) experience first... The MA Screen Arts students at Hallam are always looking for helping hands on their shoots - they'v got all the equipment, knowhow and a few ideas to help you get started.

There must be some kind of community film project going on in a city of Shef's size - that would be an ideal starting point.

Making films ain't easy, folks.