Should I get another puppy?

Should we get Bailey a baby brother?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get Bailey a baby brother?

• Yes, thats a super idea?
    • No, are you daft?

Now for those of you who know me you will know that I have alot of animals, but they are our family and we love them to bits.

We have our puppy Bailey who is nine months old today.

We have our gorgeous cats, George, Ollie, SydneyDaffodil, MarvinMarmite, kaloulie, Wilbur, Fudgey and the rather super Charlie.

We have beautiful Rosy Rabbit and her two little guineapig friends Buttcheeks and Jennie.

We have Helena (our bathroom hamster), Elvis (our kitchen hamster) and Alfie and Stuart our bedroom bookcase hamsters.

Now our menagerie is almost complete but I have felt for a long while that Bailey our pup, would really benefit from a little baby brother; and to be honest how much difference can it make?

So my friends the question is this -

Should we get another puppy?

i replied no!

The reason is i have 2 dogs and its quite hard going, now i only have 2 piggies, a rabbit andd 1 cat and i find it tough.

i dont think your daft if you do ( your words on poll)

:D

I only put - "Are you daft" as it seems to be the key phrase of my kids at school to anything anyone says to them lol

Bailey is not helping the situation as he is barking like crazy, wanting us to throw a ball for him.

Baring in mind I have to convince Richard, my pet hubby too.

I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 bunnies and 2 horses as well as a 22month son and I run my own business and am always shattered.

However the list of animals would be bigger if it wasnt for my sensible hubby. :suspect:

If finance isnt a problem, then I can only see two possible problems, one being is Bailey fully housetrained as he could be set back with another pup?

How was Bailey with the cats, it can take pups a while to respect a cat, when a cat means business. Dogs can take on a pack mentality when one gives chase then the other will usually follow suit and I would hate to think of your cats being terrorised. Another dog could upset Baileys relationship with the cats?

You have probably thought about all this, but just in case you needed a few ideas.

Is Bailey a dog or a bitch?

I have 2 dogs and I was just telling a friend how much hard work they are!! I can't go out without them barking like mad and chewing anything they can get their teeth on!! I think they encourage each other!! They fight over toys, over who lays where etc they are a nightmare :cry:

So I would say..Are you daft? ;) DON'T DO IT!!! :hihi:;)

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Bailey is very well trained by the cats and he is very well house trained too.

^Daft^

:D But lovely.

K x

Is that one of those polls where you can see who said what? :shocked:

I've voted no ;)

I know you love Bailey to bits but he's one dog who is going to take careful management if you have another dog :?

Not trying to put you off OC but I had a very nasty experience with a pup with my three dogs. The dogs have lived with the cat since day one but when a pup came and decided it was fun to play with the cat one of my adult dogs joined in the chase and although she was not physically attacked with teeth she was hospitalised for shock and nearly died. :o

I have never felt so guilty in my life and now I never leave my cat and dogs in the came room whilst I am out and have not had any problems with my adult dogs and cat since (the incident was 9 years ago).

The dogs all respect the cat, but I would not want to upset the balance again given a choice.

What do you mean by that Strixy?
See you on messenger ;)

Is that one of those polls where you can see who said what? :shocked:

Aww bless, shes on her own :hihi: