Advise on a good digital camera

hello i want to get a very good digital camera i dont mean one of the little things you can get any place.

i just want to know what would be the best one to get, i have a sony cyber cam at the moment but want a top dog one.

Cheers

I have a kodak easyshare one it is very good, it is wifi, and has a touch screen, 4.0 mega pixels, it is easy to use. i did have trouble trying to find it though!

Claire

thanks but want an slr if possible

How much are you looking to spend? What do you want to use it for? What functionality do you particularly need? etc

want to take good pics of my kids close up work and am into taking pics of wild life and flowers dont want to spend a fortune but want a good camara that will last. dont mind second hand so long as its good. just need to know what to look for ????

Your best best is a sony a100 (based on minolta dimage, so will take 20 years worth of minolta lenses - cheap on ebay I believe), or a Canon EOS 400D (or 30D if you want to splash out a little).

I have an EOS 5D, and it's spectacular... although it was £2,500....

Thanks for the advise just need to find one now but if any one knows of one could you let me know

I can also recommend the EOS range - if you are seriously into photography that's the one i would say go for (5D or 400D if you prefer a slightly smaller camera)

however the technology is seriously amazing nowadays on compacts - i would even go as far as saying that I could take a photo with an eos-350D and the Ixus i900 and you would be hard pushed to tell the difference (obviously it's not always the case - there are still some things a nice lens and SLR will give you)

Remember if you go for an SLR you need to budget for lenses also. You can get the 400D or 30D in a kit with a standard zoom lens, but if you are after the very best then you will need to shell out to get another lens for your portraits, a macro lens for your close-up stuff and a good telephoto lens for your wildlife. Those three could easily exceed the cost of your camera, depending on what you buy.

Another vote here for the 350 and 400D. If you're on a budget, the Fuji S9500 is pretty good, even the S5600 for around £150.

i have an old tele lens and a 2x converter also wide angle so would be nice to be able to use them dont want to spend more then 300/350 ish

i have an old tele lens and a 2x converter also wide angle so would be nice to be able to use them dont want to spend more then 300/350 ish

What sort of lenses?