Any writing groups that meet in sheffield?

no affront to this group. there is comfort in showing people you might never meet because you have a security blanket. but you can't beat seeing the look on people's faces when they read your work. i know a few but they are not the right ones-themes, age differences and what not. can't find one from either uni. or they're all closed to the public. anybody knows any out there that don't balk at the first mention of a four letter word that's not 'love'.

blessed rasta

Dunno.

I tried twice to set up face to face groups for 'working' writers and there was very little take up.

I know from talking to the writer in residence at the Library that a lot of the writing groups in Sheffield seem to be 'social' oriented rather than actually geared around turning work in regularly. :)

I think feedback's feedback - unless you're in the 'performing arts' side of things - script writing, playwriting, or other works designed to be read to an audience - I'm not 100% convinced on seeing teh white's of the eyes of the readers!

Good Luck!

you're right. i have tried perfomances here and there and have an uncanny habit of freezing. but i intend to soldier on. did something at words aloud the other night. well i have put a piece on here. see how it goes. thanks for the heads up

blessed rasta

When I was involved more with script-writing we used to be amazed how things changed when we did 'read throughs' with actors.

I'd sit in the background crying in to my coffee as actors just couldn't say what I wanted them to without either twisting their tongues or bursting out laughing. :)

hi does any of you kind people know of any creative writing groups i could join in the sheffield region?any email address or telephone numbers would be appreciated.

with thanks to all :)

Dunno.

I tried twice to set up face to face groups for 'working' writers and there was very little take up.

I know from talking to the writer in residence at the Library that a lot of the writing groups in Sheffield seem to be 'social' oriented rather than actually geared around turning work in regularly. :)

I think feedback's feedback - unless you're in the 'performing arts' side of things - script writing, playwriting, or other works designed to be read to an audience - I'm not 100% convinced on seeing teh white's of the eyes of the readers!

Good Luck!

hi im new to the city and have a keen interest in all aspects of creative writing.any info would be great.,and much [email protected]

Hi sosk- I've seen several posts by you on the topic of writers' groups- there are several around and maybe you have found one that suits you already- but look up my previous posts about the class in Hillsborough. I think Kaimani is right about the face to face thing- but wrong about some of the groups. The social aspect is important- writers are interested in people aren't they? But not all groups are like that. Just try them out. There are many writers in and around Shefield, and we are all individuals- its just like any other workplace!