Help Needed For My Wedding!!!

My big day is in June, still lots need to be sorted out -- :help:

flowerist, mobile beautician/make-up artist/hairdresser, DJ, jeweller to make wedding rings...

come on guys, any recommendation is welcome !!!!

Which part of the city are you in, and where's the wedding? It still makes sense to hire people from as local to your house or the venue as possible, to reduce the possible delays from traffic on the day.

I'm at sheffield S25 area, so is the wedding gonna be -- it's about 5~10min drive off J31 of M1.

I don't really want to jut get someone from yellowpage, especially like make-up artist, hairdresser and DJ, personal recommendation is very important to me.

Florist:-

Floral Design by Tina Jones

Located at 128 Halifax Road in Sheffield 0114 - 2813400.

She is a friend of a friend and very good at arranging flowers for all occasions.

wedding planner ......... tosh.

flowers .... loads of florists around

makeup.....Do it yourself, nobody knows your face like you do, makeup artists usually make you look like a street walker anyway.

Hairdresser .... use your usual, your wedding day is not the day to discover a crap hairdresser!

DJ .......... Ask the room hire people where the reception is, they will recommend one

Jeweler to make wedding rings ......... er ..... buy em ready made!

easy .......... sit back and enjoy your last 5 months of freedom.:)

PA Jewellery on Commonside made both my and the wife's wedding rings. They are great rings.

Edit: And it was cheaper than buying 'off the shelf'. Also you can be individual. I have a seven band Russian ring. You won't find that in a jewellers shop window :thumbsup:

I agree with pinklady!

flowers - i did my own (with assistance from mum grandma and bridesmaids (and bridesmaids OH's!!!!)) the flowers were bought from a wholesaler the day before

makeup - i experimented a bit before and did my own on the day

hair - i did my own, no-one else ever knows how to handle it anyway!!!

rings -we got plain rings from a decent jeweller

DJ - we didn't have an evening do, so jsut didn't bother

saves a hell of a lot of money this way too, you can spend that on more important things...like the dress :D

oooh you should have got a wedding planner !!

I agree with Lindsey!

I have a friend who is just starting out as a wedding planner. Because of this, she will do the work for a very, very reasonable price!

I think it depends on what type of wedding you want, but they can be absolutely invaluable. My friend has loads of contacts and can negotiate good prices for you, so her fee will more than pay for itself. Also, it is great having someone there on the day who can take the stress away. I know you will have a bridesmaid to help out, but having someone who does not have a role to play on the day who can make sure everything runs smoothly is great.

Let me know if you want her details, even if it is only to have a chat about whether you think it is the right thing for your wedding or not.

I got married 18 years ago, there wasnt such a thing as a 'wedding planner' then, make up artists were for the very rich only, flowers were ordered from the local flowershop, custom made rings ... again was only for the rich or famous (although we only wanted plain bands anyway), DJ came with the room hire.........

Guest alyssa

There is a wedding fair at ponds forge this weekend - and there is a discount entry voucher online here

Have a look at the website, it looks great

http://www.yorkshireweddingshow.co.uk/

I agree with Lindsey!

I have a friend who is just starting out as a wedding planner. Because of this, she will do the work for a very, very reasonable price!

I think it depends on what type of wedding you want, but they can be absolutely invaluable. My friend has loads of contacts and can negotiate good prices for you, so her fee will more than pay for itself. Also, it is great having someone there on the day who can take the stress away. I know you will have a bridesmaid to help out, but having someone who does not have a role to play on the day who can make sure everything runs smoothly is great.

Let me know if you want her details, even if it is only to have a chat about whether you think it is the right thing for your wedding or not.

yes, please give me your friend's e-mail. I didn't plan to have a wedding planner, but that idea sounds quite attractive now. thanks