Migraine Sufferers. Please Help?

I think I have a Migraine. What do they feel like. Never had one that I know of

I have like a dull throbbing behind my left eye and up into my forhead, Occasional Blurry Vision, and tingling in my fingers and toes. Had no sleep at all since about 6 O'clock Last Night so had 2 cans of coke and 2 pro plus to keep me awake at work. Is this a Migraine???

I think I have a Migraine. What do they feel like. Never had one that I know of

I have like a dull throbbing behind my left eye and up into my forhead, Occasional Blurry Vision, and tingling in my fingers and toes. Had no sleep at all since about 6 O'clock Last Night so had 2 cans of coke and 2 pro plus to keep me awake at work. Is this a Migraine???

Sounds like one,but coke is the worse thing you could drink. There are tablets you can buy called Migraleve that will take it off if it persists.Buy them over the counter from any chemist.

Trouble is Im at work and I have another 7 hours left. is there anything that can help me that isn't medicine - Water etc. I have to look at this screen all night.

The best place for you would really be bed. When I get a migraine I always throw up when I'm in direct light so have to spend two or three days in the dark. usually with a migraine you also see spots of light in your ordinary vision, kind of flashing.. hard to describe. I'd say go home if you can, and if you have a migraine you'll know it.

It is really horrible but never had anything like this before. Im thinking the complete lack of sleep for 30 odd hours. and all the caffiene from pro plus and coke. It came on after id had these. Can't go home im afraid. The only way I can describe the vision thing is everything in my vision is fine apart from what im looking directly at which ius flickering!

It is really horrible but never had anything like this before. Im thinking the complete lack of sleep for 30 odd hours. and all the caffiene from pro plus and coke. It came on after id had these. Can't go home im afraid. The only way I can describe the vision thing is everything in my vision is fine apart from what im looking directly at which ius flickering!

sounds like a migraine then. i get them every so often and its like when the television does not have a great signal and jumps, thats how it looks to me when i have it. Luckily i dont seem to get pain with it but it is very scary.

drink water and try not to stress about it!

It could be lack of sleep, your right. Drink loads and loads of water (which will obviously make you pee) but will also hydrate you, because coke dehydrates you and dehydration can give you a headache.

Yes, this sounds very much like a migraine. I suffer from them too - they've flared up again recently after about 15 years freedom! My symptoms include nausea (being sick alleviates the pain oddly), tingling sensations in fingers sometimes, incredibly intense pain in and around my eye/temple and a desperate urge to lie down in a dark room.

Be careful with caffeine (you sound like you've had more than your fair share over the last day or so) as it is a trigger for many people. If you normally consume that much caffeine then you may find going without it also triggers a headache - bit of a Catch 22 situation really.

I'd recommend a visit to your GP, preferably with a headache 'diary' detailing your symptoms, what you're doing/have been doing just before pain kicks in, any unusual physical sensations/visual disturbances etc. This will help both you and your doctor identify possible causes and prevention techniques. Your doctor may also want to rule out cluster headaches (more common in men), and other possible causes of your discomfort. In the meantime, you might want to try experimenting with a variety of painkillers as it can be tricky to find something that helps you. I find 2 500mg paracetamol and up to 3 200mg ibuprofen (taken together) help me, but sometimes nothing seems to work and when that happens there's not much you can do but wait it out I'm afraid.

Try not to worry though as up to 95% of headaches are benign, that is, not deadly even though it can feel that way in the throes of a migraine. However, if you have a headache that is literally unbearable (the absolute worst pain of your life) then you should go straight to A&E as it may be a signal of something more serious.

Check out this link for some more information:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/migraine.htm

Hope you're feeling better soon :)

If you can get any "Soluble Paracetamol" from anywhere take them straight away in a glass of water.Takes about 20 mins to work.

Check out this link for some more information:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/migraine.htm

Hope you're feeling better soon

This was a great help thanks.

Patriccia. Taken some tablets but couldn't get hold of the disolvers. Its the throbbing thast annoying me more than the pain.A nd the bright office lites in the server center. Oh and the noise of a thousand servers even tho they are behind a soundproof glass. lol

Sounds very much like a Migraine to me....

The general rule of thumb is avoid the 'Cs' - Chocolate, Caffeine, Cheese and 'Claret - basically alcohol, especially red wine. Dehydration can trigger them, as can lack of sleep. In your situation the best thing to do is drink water, take painkillers (stick within the instructions on the package) and when you CAN get away form work drink some water, go to bed, go directly to bed. :)

go to bed, go directly to bed.

This is my plan. Role on 7 O'clock. and please god let the servers not go down once more. As if!!!!!!!! :hihi:

Cheers for all the advice guys. Feel a lot more at ease. Dint wanna say in original thread but was a bit concerned it could have been something worse