View Full Version : Memory Foam Mattresses - any recommendations

Burnt Stones
06-01-2007, 14:24
I am thinking about buying a new mattress and wonder if anyone has got a memory foam one that they would recommed ?

BoroughGal
06-01-2007, 16:17
I got a Sealy one from Argos in the half price sale - it is very nice indeed.

It should have been 500, it was 250 - I'd suggest you wait for another similar sale somewhere. Get more for your money that way! :)

manzmanz
06-01-2007, 16:22
Tempur mattresses are fantastic my inlaws bought a mattress and the matching pillows too - fantastic but expensive!!

suzan
06-01-2007, 16:31
I am thinking about buying a new mattress and wonder if anyone has got a memory foam one that they would recommed ?

makro have got some in, 200 for double i think, i saw them today.

Lindos
06-01-2007, 16:32
Personally, I wouldn't want a matress with a better memory than I have.........:hihi:

tourist
06-01-2007, 16:48
We bought a matress and bed from Sleepmaster in the summer. The matress is topped with memory foam and it is beautiful to sleep on. The only bad thing is trying to get out in the morning!

neeeeeeeeeek
06-01-2007, 17:50
Which did a review of a selection of them, you can sign up on the net for 30 days free trial of all their on line stuff. I did it when looking for ovens so guess I can't do it again. If you do please post the matress info on here as I want to see it now!
It's easy to cancel and you don't get charged anything if you cancel within 30 days.
:)

blackspot
06-01-2007, 18:07
got mine from atkinsons cost 299 it comes rolled up it's called a bed in a bag brilliant definetly worth getting one but be warned you won't want to get up in the mornin :hihi:

datal
07-01-2007, 09:35
got mine from atkinsons cost 299 it comes rolled up it's called a bed in a bag brilliant definetly worth getting one but be warned you won't want to get up in the mornin :hihi:
I bought my 3" thick double 'topper' from Atkinsons about a year ago, after surfing the net for ages & found that I had paid less than half the price of what it would have cost me anywhere else.

GabbleRatcht
07-01-2007, 10:23
I got mine, along with the bed, from The Futon Shop on Division Street.

As stated before, getting out of it is not easy :hihi: Fantastic.

S11Beeky
07-01-2007, 10:26
Had one made with Tempur on one side and a normal filling on the other after loving Tempur after slepping on one in a hotel. One thing to be aware of though,you get very hot with Tempur especially in the summer. I tend to use the normal side most.

Titian
07-01-2007, 10:49
I got a superking size one from Discount Beds (off London Road) for 465. I can't remember the make of it but it's fantastic.

Lindos
11-01-2007, 19:33
If you want to try it out on the cheap, as it were, Argos do a memory foam matress topper for under 100. I doubt it will be very thick, but you make your bed..............:P

upholder
11-01-2007, 21:11
I got a superking size one from Discount Beds (off London Road) for 465. I can't remember the make of it but it's fantastic.

I got my new mattress from there, pocket sprung topped with memory foam 275, worth every penny.

I compare it with just like being back in the womb, it's that good.

neeeeeeeeeek
11-01-2007, 21:17
Reet, from Which on line...

The Healthbeds is the best choice if you don't like the idea of being swallowed by the surface of your mattress.

It's the softest of the foam-only Best Buys. You'll sink into it less than the others, without losing the pressure-relieving benefits of the foam.

The cover is removable so it can be cleaned, but there are no washing instructions on it. Healthbeds tells us that it is dry clean only.

Prices start from 499 for a single. Tel 01709 559977 for stockists.

Body Impressions Spa Sensations

BEST BUY
The Body Impressions offers the best body and lumbar support and is the best choice if you want a medium-firm mattress that will stay that way. But you'll sink into it more than the Healthbeds.

The cover is removable and can be washed at 40C and drip-dried.

It costs from 499 for a single. Tel 0870 4019808 for stockists.

Sleepshaper Memory Regular Feel

BEST BUY
The Sleepshaper is another good mattress and the only Best Buy with washing instructions on its cover.

The cover is machine washable, which makes it particularly suitable for people who have dust-mite allergies and want to clean the cover regularly.

The mattress is medium firm and is available in a variety of thicknesses; we tested the 20cm version.

It costs from 520 for a single. Tel 01235 811866 for where to buy in your area.

Kaymed Classic Original

BEST BUY
The Kaymed is also a medium-firm mattress and is the heaviest of the foam-only Best Buys, which makes it harder to rotate.

There are no washing instructions for the cover but Kaymed says you should wash it at 40C or lower, with a short spin.

Prices begin at 529 for a single. Tel 01706 875 075 for stockists.

Healthbeds Memory Med 1400

BEST BUY
The Healthbeds is a pocket-sprung memory foam mattress that is the thickest and heaviest of the Best Buys - making it harder to turn, despite the four handles.

It feels soft and provides the best body and lumbar support of the sprung mattresses.

Prices start from 449 for a single. Tel 01709 559977 for local stockists

Below is a list of the ones they reviewed.

Airsprung Memory
Master ShadowBody Impressions
Spa SensationsBreasley Foam
Flexcell 1000Eurolux
Bodyshape RoyaleHealthbeds
Memory FlexMemory Med 1400 Kaymed
Classic OriginalVisco Pocket 1600Komfi
FusionMyer's
ConformaSealy
ImagesSleepshaper
Memory Regular Feel Slumberland
Posturecare V1200Staples
ContourTempur
Combi Mattress 20cmThe Old English Bed Co
Comfort Form

AMJ1
11-01-2007, 23:28
I got my king-size memory foam matress from The Bed Shop in Doncaster for 250. its beautiful to sleep on and and no springs - silence is golden!

pattricia
11-01-2007, 23:45

Yes, Ive got one and they are marvellous. They are worth every penny.When we go away on holiday, I cant sleep on an ordinary mattress now.I got mine out of an advert in the paper.Make sure you get one with a good thickness though, as some adverts state two thickness.Get the thickest one as its worth the extra money.By the way mine is a "mattress Topper" .Memory foam which you put on top of an ordinary mattress. If your mattress is in good order,you only need a mattress topper, made out of memory foam.Much cheaper than buying a brand new mattress.

Burnt Stones
12-01-2007, 17:29
Thanks all. After all the research decided to buy the Health Beds Memory Flex Mattress from www.justclickbeds.com. It was the best one in the recent Which review. Ordered on Wednesday, delivered on Thursday. It was 499 + 40 delivery and 20 to take away the old mattress. Slept on it last night and had a wonderful sleep. Only downside was they reduced it by 14 the next day !

neeeeeeeeeek
12-01-2007, 17:45
The review for that one is a bit comfusing. It says it's the softest foam only so you won't sink into it. Does that mean it is or is not soft?
Also is it foam with a layer of memory foam on top? cheers for any more info.
:)

Burnt Stones
12-01-2007, 18:15
Its quite hard compared to a normal mattress but you dont sink into it, it slowly moulds to you but gives good support. It is memory foam on foam with a special coolflex cover.

markb1983
18-01-2009, 10:28
I would seriously recomend a website thats only been up for about a year, i was recomended it, and so far i have now brought 3 from there, 1 for my mum and dad, one for me and my wife, and one for my brother.
They offer very competative prices, and free delivery within 48 hours of payment.
the one i got was a massive 10 inches thick with, a free cover, and a big 10 year guarantee.
My mum and dad suffered many years with massive back problems and within about 4 days of using this mattress, they are now sleeping with no discomfort.

So i would highly recomend cozy-sleep. co. uk

-Mark B

Comfortex
26-03-2009, 16:57
Shop Around

lie on the mattress ( many people only sit on a mattress when buying )

memory foam is either loved or hated it does have a unique feel with its slow response however often people prefer a standard soft foam top to the mattress

dont let people say it will cure bad backs , it may help , it may not , it may make things worse dependent on the person. Memory foam is used on many medical mattresses and many sellers use this to say it will cure bad backs etc dont believe the hype

The actual reason it is used on medical mattresses is because it has good pressure relief and therefore aids circulation , this helps prevent pressure sores on patients. nothing to do with bad backs. as we are the largest supplier of pressure reducing foam mattresses to the healthcare industry in the UK we do have some knowledge of this

mattressstx
03-08-2012, 06:10
Foam mattresses are good option. These are comfortable, relaxing and soothing to skin. It also supports back very well. You can give it a try and also post your reviews after using it.

pottedplant
03-08-2012, 09:13
this is mine:

http://www.johnlewis.com/344320/Product.aspx

It is superb (look out for it in a sale)

GodStar
03-08-2012, 09:29
I got my new mattress from there, pocket sprung topped with memory foam 275, worth every penny.

I compare it with just like being back in the womb, it's that good.

You remember what thats like??:confused:

PeteMorris
03-08-2012, 20:27
Nobody has mentioned how hot it makes you when you're asleep! I've got to say, brilliant to sleep on, so comfortable. But boy is it HOT...and I mean hot!.....You have to go waaay down on the tog value of your quilt.....But yes I would recommend!

Riche
03-08-2012, 20:30
I think my memory foam mattress has alzheimer's, it forgets to support my bumb.