Sign in to follow this  

Story: 'An Alpine Tale from the Tyrolean village of Stierhahn.'

I liked that one.

Interesting, funny and somewhat educational, you don’t work for Thomas Cook do you? If not you should think about it.

In reply to yours…..

(I don't know whether reviews of concerts can be considered for inclusion in this section.)

I’m not a mod, but I would say anything that’s your own work, whatever the subject, and within club the rules is a go.

It makes a nice change from reading that rubbish Coyley writes, and I don’t want anyone agreeing with me on the latter.

Isnt it funny how all our stories now have a touch of Seriessix in them ? She may have led us there without realising this. I did ask her for some writing tips some time ago,but it seems as though we are picking them up ourselves.Very Good Hopman.It pulls you into the story right away.

All good things must come to an end, and so here is the last of the reports from the village of Stierhahn:

Alpine village 2

Incidentally, I've had a somewhat abusive email from the Mayor of Stierhahn, Alberich von Dampfeisen, complaining that I do not portray the village in the best of light. I can't think what he's on about.

Someone (no names) has also pointed out that the name of the village derives from two German words:

Stier meaning bull

Hahn meaning ****

and he seems to think this describes the authenticity of the village.

I like this surreal humour; it reads like a bizarre travel brochure that the author has written after inadvertently imbibing Class A recreational drugs.

If The Stierhahner Streichholzer and their unique pitch are ever featured on “Match of the Day” I would undoubtedly make a special effort to leave the pub early in order to view this televisual feast. :hihi: