Sign in to follow this  

RIP Brian Clough

RIP Brian Clough.. One of the most respected managers in the game..

His attitude ought to be taken on by other managers, He said what he thought and never held his opinion back :D

DeeJ :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Deejay

RIP Brian Clough.. One of the most respected managers in the game..

His attitude ought to be taken on by other managers, He said what he thought and never held his opinion back :D

DeeJ :thumbsup:

A bit like Neil Warnock, but he could actually manage a side :D Anyway, he was a great manager and personality in the game and will be sadly missed!!!!!

Well ol' Big Head has gone to takeover the big training ground in the sky.What a manager,the finest English manager never to have managed his country.After having a liver transplant in 2002 & seemed to be doing well & stomach cancer was discovered.His family have asked for privacy at this time.RIP Cloughy.Apologies for putting my post in the wrong section!

This is really sad news - as you say, the greatest manager that England never had.

RIP

May he rest in peace. Life, for me, is all about characters. Clough was a marvellous character; frank, fearless and original. He will always be remembered as a superb manager who won the loyalty and affection of players and fans alike.

the man was a prize c***. but a bloody genius and an inspiration to anyone who worked with him.

RIP Brian

I Remember the day United beat Forest & they were relegated ,Roy Keane standing in the middle of the pitch while Cloughy applauded all the supporters even I felt sorry for them,all season they were too good to go down but it happened & that killed Cloughy that day,now there is talk of a postumous Knighthood what a joke Cloughy should have been Knighted years ago for his contribution to football & the like,s of Brooking what has he ever done,he was an overated player for England & West Ham,but I guess if Cloughy had been a southerner he would have been Knighted.

Brian Clough has died, he was the best manager never to hold the England job

God Rest his soul.

He should have had that England job. He worked wonders with Forest.

This is really sad.

I was bought up on Forest and Cloughie, and received my Duke of Edinburgh Silver Award from him. He was a great bloke - what you saw was what you got.

His slapping the 'fan' and then kissing and making up with them reminded me of a footballing Patton.

He was able to manage without having to please the board of directors, the stockmarket and assorted hangers onners - and the game was better for it.

He'll be missed - we need a few more like him. One of the 'Awkward Squad', I can only imagine him lining up and enquiring how he can get his 'big head' through the Pearly Gates.

Joe

I can imagine the scene when he gets to the Pearly gates. St Peter greets him and asks him to hang on a minute as he wants to have a word with the big G, and BC shouting and telling him "Young man tell him he's in my chair".

God bless you Cloughie, the world will be a poorer place for your passing.