Diesel Picasso won't start...any ideas

I've got a 2.0L HDi Citroen Picasso and the damn thing will just not fire up. The engine turns over ok, but alas, there is not the merest hint of it firing. Is anyone aware of any common problems with Diesel Picassos? Any tips,hints or advice would be most welcome.

Has the problem just started with the cold weather? - could be faulty glowplugs

I think if it was glowplugs, it would have been troublesome starting in a morning. When it packed up yesterday evening the engine was warm etc.

As diesels dont need a spark to fire - maybe a fuel problem, blocked filter, water in filter, dicky pump?.... a few guesses

Put a tin of paint in it - its just missing its artistic roots:D

I've got a 2.0L HDi Citroen Picasso and the damn thing will just not fire up. The engine turns over ok, but alas, there is not the merest hint of it firing. Is anyone aware of any common problems with Diesel Picassos? Any tips,hints or advice would be most welcome.
they suffer from the intank pump packing up but best get it checked out first as they are very expensive to replace:thumbsup: ,just a thought is cambelt ok as u say it packed up?

if the cambelt had gone it wouldnt turn over silly moo. i know whats up wi it cost u though.

you've not put petrol in it by any chance have you.

alternate find the fuel inlet pipe to the engine and squirt a bit of brake release spray in, should start if its a fuel problem.

if the cambelt had gone it wouldnt turn over silly moo. i know whats up wi it cost u though.
if cambelt had gone it would still turn over but it would turn very quick if pistons contacted valves when belt broke as there would be no compression,or if no contact it would just spin over and not fire:thumbsup:

if cambelt had gone it would still turn over but it would turn very quick if pistons contacted valves when belt broke as there would be no compression,or if no contact it would just spin over and not fire:thumbsup:

Hitman is spot on here.

Another problem could be the fuel cutoff solenoid not working. Sounds like you need to give the garage a call.

Me brother had a similar problem with his Picasso (When he had it)

It was the cheap diesel he bought that caused it. :rolleyes:

Have you run out of or very low on fuel recently? Could be muck in the pipes.

Is there a manual fuel pump, if so, try bleeding it up to the top of the fuel filter. It's more than likely to be some problem with the fuel system.