PVA Glue: Is it safe to drink?

Due to a strange conversation I had today, a situation has occurred whereby someone has made a bet.

They have bet that if someone can drink a shot glass of PVA glue, they will buy them lunch for the rest of the week.

I've been thinking about his, though not very seriously today and have come to the following conclusions

1) PVA glue could be drank

2) PVA is non-toxic so it wouldn't kill you

3) PVA is only a form of plastic and i eat/chew plastic all the time anyway

I was just wondering if anyone had any proof to the contrary that you can't physically drink PVA glue?

Wilf

Yeah wilf, unfortunatly its lethal.. hope you didnt drink any!

This is a good question.

Any chance of getting this made a sticky??

BOOM BOOM!!!! :D :D ;):rolleyes:

Originally posted by BrainThrust

care to give me some proof, dude?

Wilf

here y'are:

Clicky

Originally posted by BrainThrust

care to give me some proof, dude?

Wilf

Bring along the death certificate of the moron that drank the glue, then you'll have the proof - legal proof too!! :D

Let it go hard and then chew it, it goes down much better.

Wash it down with a bit of turps.

PVA Glue has a pestdecide to stop fungus forming.My advice is do not drink this,it is non toxic but can still do damage to your Kidneys & Liver.I use PVA to seal my plaster footy kits & it forms a clear plastic coat this could damage major organs.

Can you leave me your college fund in your will?

:bigsmile:

S

Update:

Carefully considering all the information i recieved here and a phonecall to the manufacturer (that was really funny) I can post what I found out about PVA:

PVA is classed as non-toxic, yet toxic in some aspects as it is technically a carcinogen on par with smoking a pack of cigarettes (20) per 100ml

Upon this information that I was incredily unlikely to die (life is all about risks, nothing is 100% safe) I decided that I was going to take my mate up on this bet, not for the money but mainly for so I can tell people "I once drank a shot glass full of PVA glue for a bet"

Well it's been a while since I drank it now and I don't feel any different, I followed it up with 3 pints of water to wash it down and also a packet of polos (to take away the taste).

I haven't 'been' yet and so this will be the final test but so far, so good :thumbsup:

If this is my last words ever on the internet, i'd like to tell my parents and sister that I love them, I'd also liek to apologise to anyone who told me not to do it, I guess i am just stubborn

Disclaimer: I am in no way condoning that sane people drink PVA glue, although i am not a trained professional, I am very, very stupid and for some reason this seems to act like a shield of idiotic fath.

See ya tomorrow! (maybe)

Wilf